Another cheap scenery post today. As I finished the Hakk Tee Mehl Idol, I knew I couldn't let it be just that way. I had recovered a pinch of DAS putty, but I still had most of 1 Kg. remaining (and totally dried! It was just a solid brick)
Some time ago I had done this with a branch:
|This is how it all started|
A solo project whith no continuation for a couple of years... until now. I got some more branches from a local park (one of them particularly speeded up my imagination, you'll see what I mean), a few old unusable CDs... and lots of water for the DAS putty! It is indeed recoverable, no matter what. Amazing. This is what I got:
|Well, now it looks somehow even more creepy than I intended|
Though I managed to bring the DAS back to life, there was a setback. Due to the huge amount of water required for that, you have to let it dry for 24 h. or even more. So the process is kinda slow. After priming (black first and grey later) and basing, you get something like this:
|Begins to have texture|
Some colour for the sand!
I added some shades in browns and brownish green, then another swift grey spray primer (the educated painter would have used an airbrush. I don't have such commodities, so I have to improvise!) and some grass and flock. This is what I finally got. Miniatures for scale:
I feel that, though grey works for that dead, scary appearance, they need more a brownish look, specially the big last one. Hm, I may put some work on that one.
For the moment, for a general view...
Well, cheap and easy, cannot say anything else! They still have no clear place in my urban board, but I think I can handle that...