I may have already told this, I don't remember. Just in case: My original plan involved having my Imperial Assault finished by the release of Ep. VII. By now, I'm quite confident of having it for the
Rogue One Episode VIII release. Maybe.
Today let me show some apparently easy stuff that proved challenging in the end. First of all the Probe Droids. Challenging? How could these models mean any problem? You just had to paint them monocrhome, that's all!
Sorry. By now you should know it's not that simple. Oh, well, that proved right for the first model:
But I couldn't have three identical models! Could I? The problem here was how was I supposed to innovate in any way with the most static minis ever. My only chance was repositioning the limbs:
|Not sure if attacking, free hugs or robot epilepsy. Haters gonna hate|
The third one was the real challenge. What else could I do after that one? I'm afraid I took too much risk. I tried to depict it in the precise moment of leaping on its prey, so it should look really dynamic. But...
|Apparently now droids take samba lessons|
Anyway, here you have the three of them:
|The drunken droids|
The other kind of model I chose was the Nexu. Another almost impossible to convert model. Given the circumstances, I thought this was the best apporach I could take:
So the unaltered model was left like this:
|What big teeth you have!|
While the other now looks like this:
|Meow! Ehrm. I mean... Grawr!|
So here's the two of them:
|Now bring the ball of yarn|
So well, that's some progress! I'm a little closer to finishing the whole game! Soon... Soon...