Saturday, 10 September 2016

Storming the game

This is an important step in any project. The day you finish... the core of it. No, I'm not going to say 'the day you finish the project'. That doesn't exist, for goodness sake! But today I can say I've finished the Imperial Assault core game. Weee!

The only minis I had left were the Stormtroopers. I've left them for the end on purpose, as I really dreaded the perspective of having nine absolutely identical minis and not having a clue of how to make them different. For me, the most logical solution was... buying more Stromtroopers :P

I considered purchasing some bendy WotC minis, in order to have some different poses which I could combine with what I had. But I finally opted for the own Imperial Assault expansion pack. Three identical Stormtroopers, but different from the other nine.

Three like the left guy, nine like the right one. Yikes
OK, at least I had two different models. Then I just needed my blade and the rest would easily become multi component minis! I left the two from the pic above untouched and begun to combine poses, arms, head repositionings, etc. on all the others...

Not easy to work with that pose, you know
The pointing finger was the hardest part here
Looking for droids
Here you have all of them, including the one I already had:

Truly Imperial entanglements
So here we are. The full core game finished, plus some extra minis. I guess it's time for the mandatory family pic:

This is it. I haven't taken the card pieces out of the box yet...
I have some WotC and Knightmodels minis that will also be part of this project. But first things first. All the necessary minis are already painted... This demands a game!!
(Hopefully) quite soon!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't stand havig identical minis, this was necessary! :D

      Delete
  2. Excellent group! Very nice conversions, they have turned out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not easy, as I really had just two poses to work with, but apparently they work!

      Delete
  3. Great conversions and a nice and clean paintjob. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can see the paintjob is really simple, I tried to be most efficient here about the time/results!

      Delete
  4. Those are very well done: bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The beginning of my Legion, hmmm....

      Delete
  5. Great looking troopers! Big bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still may get some Wizards of the Coast cheap minis to make more combinations...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! They are quite iconic, almost everything work on them, so I'm happy with just this :)

      Delete
  7. Conversions are impressive, and they look good together. It is very nice to get to that point and think, 'Ooh, now I can get a game in!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's quite rewarding, right! I hope I'll post an AAR in a few days ;)

      Delete
  8. Projects never ever finish. You just add new ones. ^_^
    And as for the StormTroopers ... way cool. Nice nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's so right! Thank you!

      Delete