07/08/2017

SheroQuest

For quite some time I've been toying with the idea of adding some more diversity to my games, and specifically to HeroQuest. Well, the thing is, one day, wandering through the Hasslefree web (any sentence starting like that is doomed to end with an empty wallet) I just saw a few minis... and I immedately knew I had a project. It was love at first sight. I was to make female characters so you could choose whatever you wanted. This is what I mean:

The Barbarian
 

 I know it's supposed to depict that girl from the Vikings TV show, but I don't follow the series, so I know nothing of that character. I just saw the mini and loved it. I didn't want a Red Sonja nor a chainmail bikini, this was exactly what I was looking for. In fact I got two minis! The other one will be converted to become a Rogue Trader adventurer, but that will come in time...
Let's go on:

The Dwarf
 

 This one took me some more time to choose, but in the end I think she's up to the duty! Probably the helmet is something I would have liked to convert, but she works good enough as it is, so I finally left her just like that.

The Elf
 

The pose. Oh, it's all about the pose. I love it. A real pleasure to paint. And that goes too for the final one:

The Wizard
 

I thought of doing some more embroidery on the dress, but I think it works fine as it is. Where the Elf's cloak is a travel garment and I painted it like that, here I tried to show a more 'urban' look, something she would wear for her daily palace intrigues and stuff.

Well, not much else to add, I think you get what I was aiming for here. Just a final picture with her counterparts:

The same but not the same
I hope I have more chances of geting Mrs. Suber into gaming with these! :D
No, seriously, the minis were too good, I needed them. But now I'm tempted of doing things like this with basically each game I own. Oh, now I'm doomed...

25 comments:

  1. Stunning job. A feeling I know for sure when browsing the Hasslefree website. The Elf is my favourite from the 4 you have done I have the elf myself to do. It is a lovely figure and I hope they do more sculpts like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the Elf was the first one that started this all. I saw the mini, knew that I wanted it and then asked myself 'what do I want this mini for? Ohhh, I'll do a female HeroQuest' :D

      Delete
  2. Fantastic workon this girls! I working on Shieldmaiden mini too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Looking forward to seeing yours :)

      Delete
  3. Very nice mate - the elf is really cool, but I really like that mage in particular! I reckon she'd make a sweet necromancer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Right, in the proper colours it would work perfectly, the mini is absolutely wonderful!

      Delete
  4. Nice minis,
    I agree the wizard's dress looks fine as is, and the "lean forward" pose on the viking is always a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They all are sweet sculpts, the painting decisions were really easy to make, you could easily say what was each one asking for :)

      Delete
  5. Very cool, and escaping the Hasslefree store with a small purchase is difficult indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's absolutely impossible! :D :D

      Delete
  6. Lovely stuff mate. It's nice to see some female models that don't look like they work in the sex industry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Hard to find that in fantasy, right? I really wanted this kind of approach. Now they need to rampage a dungeon!

      Delete
  7. Good to see more female adventurers in sensible clothing and armour.
    Excellent work on all of them, all the freehand on clothing and shields gives them a sense of realism.
    If you're looking for more I believe Oathsworn also has a heroes in sensible armour line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Right, they made the Heroines in Sensible Shoes KS, didn't they? Now that those minis are released I may have to pay them a visit...
      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Yes that's right, they do have sensible Male Heroes too though ๐Ÿ˜Š.

      Delete
  8. Muy guapos, como siempre
    Con ganas de que nos enseรฑes lo que haces con ellos! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! A ver cuรกndo las puedo poner sobre el tablero :)

      Delete
  9. I just love love love what you did with that wizard's cloak. First of all, it's such a lovely, soft colour. And the pattern is just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad that it shows the appearance I was looking for. I thought of it as a rather expensive garment, not a mere travelling cloak, so it had to look, I don't know, classy and good lookig. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  10. Oh my Suber ... fantastic job on the whole lot of them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've enjoyed them a lot, now I really need to get them onto the board!

      Delete
  11. Que buena pinta! Seguro que darรกn mucho juego en el tablero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias, eso espero! A ver cuรกndo tengo la oportunidad...

      Delete
  12. Hasslefree miniatures are a real pleasure to paint. Well done! Have you tried Red Box games figures? I believe Tre Manor has done a couple of sculpts for Hasslefree, but RB is all his own works. Those two companies produce some of my favorite models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I haven't yet! But I do have them on my radar indeed. I've only seen pics, not had them on my hand, but they definitely look awesome. I'll eventually get some of them for sure :)

      Delete