22/01/2018

Arbitrary Arbitrators

Completion. Closure. Ahhhh, what a pleasant feeling.
If I pull my memories back, I think I wanted this unit about at least six or seven years ago. At the very least! Many things happened through the way, though. Anyway, this is not a ranting blog, but a place of solutions and results! So, after long years since I bought those old Necromunda Enforcers, after failed attempts of cloning (inexistent or enormously, absurdly expensive) bits, patient eBaying and finally greenstuffing, after all that wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff... I've finished a full squad of Adeptus Arbites with shields and mauls.

As I said, I used the Necromunda Enforcers. I needed more, as I wanted a ten men squad and the kit included seven minis. The old regular Arbites wouldn't be of any use, because of the pose and the helmet, so I got some other Enforcers. They all needed some conversion work, as they are not really designed for this riot control stuff. Here you have the Judge and the bloke who came with the heavy stubber, now conveniently suitable for their duty.

Oh, and the cyber-hound!
Now an example of what I did with these. The man on the left is equipped with the original gear. For the rest I had to improvise power mauls with the Skitarii box (best bits box ever) or several bits from here and there.

However, they do their part
This is the full squad:

Give that dog a shield too!
So I was saying closure was the keyword today. With these, my Arbites look this way:

Well, I think this is quite a force
Three ten men squads (shotgun/ bolter/ maul & shield), a wheeled transport, an air transport, a drone, a K9 and a Sentinel.
Well, yes, I could get a dog handler and a remote controler for the drone, but you know, I could happily declare this army finished. Yes. It is finished. Finally. Ahhh, completion, as I said, what a pleasant fe...

Oh, wait.

It would be reasonable to think that GW may release new Arbites for the new Necromunda. Ouch. Oh, and have you seen the Artel W stuff?


Oh, why? Whyyyyyyy?

24 comments:

  1. Brilliant mate! This is such a cool looking force - perfect for laying down the law in the most brutal way! Oh, and I can comment on blogspot again - yey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I have to count how many protesters do I have! With this police force I may need even more! :D

      Delete
  2. They look amazing.

    You ask whyyyyyyyy?
    Because the Dice God's hate hobbyist 😁
    For goodness sake do not visit the mad robot site as well 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I'm afraid that should be right D:
      Mad rob...? Aaaaaargh!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! You can't go wrong with black :P

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! Now let's see when can I deploy them on the board!

      Delete
  5. joer! menudo destacamento te has marcado!! :D
    guapisimo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! He tardado años, pero por fin tengo ya una fuerza coherente. A ver qué tal en la mesa.

      Delete
    2. Seguro que genial... aunque espero que nos lo enseñes pronto!!

      Delete
  6. What a great looking finished army!

    ...wait look at that cool new cyber doggie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sob sob... :D
      I do have to play now before I decide to expand this!

      Delete
  7. This is an amazing looking army, mate!

    Don't look now but Mad Robot just released a line of Space Police :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why oh whyyyyyyyyyy!!?? :D

      Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Mate these are amazing! Literally amazing!

    I have a few arbiters I want to paint up soon for a new Rogue Trader campaign I’m planning and your models are an inspiration!!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Oh, I'm so looking forward to seeing your take on them!

      Delete
  9. What an amazing force! Congrats on finally finishing it.
    And I spy that Arvus Lighter at the back. I just bought one, and am really looking forward to painting it. I love the bold way you painted yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!
      That flying brick is likely my favourite in its class of all sci-fi ranges -don't ask why, I don't have any rational answer. If you're interested, you can find out more here:
      https://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/evolution-of-force-adeptus-arbites.html
      (Whoah, that's Jan 2014...)

      Delete
  10. Suber ... they look excellent! And I admire your persistence in completing the army to the stage they are in now. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Persistence. I like the word. It sounds so much better than stubbornness...

      Delete
  11. Whenever I get back to Belgium this is one of the forces I need to look into for my Rogue Trader project. I already have a bunch of Orks, beaky marines, genestealer cult and some squats, but seeing your arbitrators it isn't something I can't go without as well. Now I only need some more scum and eldar pirates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't possibly tell what's the appeal of Arbites, but I totally love them. Oh, I do need to €$%&ing play the scenario!!

      Delete