20/04/2019

As you wish

Time is becoming an issue these days, as it could be expected. While I am slowly (very slowly) working on large projects, I have been using scarce, brief moments to work on this small side project I had pending since... well, ahem. Some time ago. Ahem.

The 'Pirate Set' by Antediluvian Miniatures was, of course, love at first sight. Please go have a look at their ranges; all of them are so great. As soon as these particular minis were released, I knew I needed them. Just have a quick look, you'll understand.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die
Inconceivable!

Anybody want a peanut?

I'm the Dread Pirate Roberts, but you can call me 'Weasley'
Well, you can see it's been nothing but a quick way of remembering how to grasp a brush. I think I'm losing practice, so I just wanted to paint something that didn't demand too much time. Pics aren't particularly good, as usual, I'm afraid (seriously, Weasley's clothes are made of different tones of black, promise. It's not just a black primed mini; each piece is different!)

Now you want to watch the movie again. Don't worry, that's a good thing

Some time after these minis were released, Antediluvian solved the problem of having a Buttercup with these:

Don't you dare to tell me you don't need them too
Had they been released at the same time, I would have got them too. Sigh, I guess I'll have to place a new order then. I may as well get some of the Conquistadors of Mitclan minis. Ahh, decisions, decisions... :P


20 comments:

  1. como desees , habrá que ver la pelí :D

    muy chulas las minis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Princess Bride years ago as a kid. And now looking at your FANTASTIC work with these figures, I feel that I need to watch that show again. Superb work Suber. Superb!

    On a side note, it's hard to capture the subtleties of black shades on camera. I think ... can't remember for sure ... the lighting shoudln't be too harsh i.e. the amount of light should be controlled by the camera's shutter opening and speed instead of the ambient light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I'm a real dummy taking pics, I really need to do something about that...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! The sculpts are really charming, these minis are a must :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! They are sweet, a piece of childhood :D

      Delete
  5. Tremendísimos Suber... Pero tienes que pillar las otras, que si no entre unas cosas y otras pasarán tres años.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tres años... eso sería si las compro ahora mismo :D

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous work and of course a lovely film!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The movie is a piece of our collective history! At least a couple of generations agree on that! :D

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. They were fun to paint indeed! You know, with that stupid smile on your face as you paint them :D
      A holistic experience! :D

      Delete
  8. Lovely work! And yes, you will have to get the other set sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, I really need to do it, don't I?

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous models, I totally understand why you picked them up.
    Lovely work from what I can see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! You know, I simply couldn't resist, they were a real joy to paint :)

      Delete
  10. Incredible! Or maybe... inconceivable!

    I finally showed my kids this wonderful movie recently... I don't think they were old enough to "get it" lol... but it's always such a pleasure. Your paint jobs really capture the essence of these unforgettable characters.

    I totally get the thing about "shades of black" btw. I recently did an Edgar Allan Poe figure and I wanted to avoid him looking too monochrome; it's amazing how much variation you can get in black...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Don't worry, they will eventually revisit the movie, I have no doubt, and they'll love it :)
      Black is quite an interesting colour to work with. Weasley here has different highlights using blue, cammo green and flesh for the different garments; the mini really shows the differences in hand, it's a shame the pics are so shitty :(

      Delete