27/10/2020

Orktober ain't over!

 Not that I've done much work, but at least I finished another couple of Meganobz, still in time for Orktober!!

Can't really say much about them, they are from Knightmare too and sculpted in the very same fashion that the ones in the previous post.

I went for classic schemes too, avoiding specific Clan colours and also trying different skin tones, far from the ubiquitous standard green.

I didn't notice at first, but I painted him as a RT Space Wolf!

On a retrospective, I see that I missed a one in a million opportunity, as at first didn't connect the dots, but with that head I should have totally painted him this way:


Ahhh, such is life. Well, I need to move on, what is done is done.

I went crazy on this other one. Let's paint this armour brown. Excuse me? Brown? No one has ever painted a... never mind

You can't tell by the shitty pic, but the face is a totally different colour

Well, so now I have four Meganobz, I kind of have the seed for the elites of my Ork force.

Ork aristocrats joining together for tea time

Utterly enjoyable minis, I can't say otherwise. I'm not sure of where am I going with these, but as long as I have Orks (and trust me, I do have Orks) I will be painting them from time to time ;)

15 comments:

  1. Waaaagh! Fantastic looking greenskins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Ready to waaagh indeed! :D

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking orks! Some more are on their way to you now!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thank you so much!! For everything! :)

      Delete
  3. Wowww! Those Orks are really acem Suber! I really love that Trap-Jaw reference. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, shame I didn't see it earlier! :D

      Delete
    2. Honestly he looks great now. That would have been fun but I feel like the lurid toy colours might be hard to make "orky". What a great wrap up to Orctober, they're a grotesque quartet :)

      Delete
    3. I think that in the end you are right. However, I still have another couple of old Meganobz waiting to be repainted, so I may still have the chance to use some blue and purple... :D

      Delete
  4. You've certainly managed to paint an incredible amount of details on the orks. Very impressive Suber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they were asking for something colourful, I hope I didn't overdo them!

      Delete
    2. Nope. You didn't overdo them at all in my opinion. Spot on colors :)

      Delete
  5. Personalmente creo que es todo un acierto que cada Meganoble lleve el equipo que el Mekaniko de turno pilló por ahí. La uniformidad es la peor enemiga de los orkos, por eso cuanto más personalizados y diferenciados estén, mejor que mejor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Voy a intentar precisamente eso, huir de cualquier tipo de uniformidad, vamos a ver qué sale de todo esto :D

      Delete
  6. Me encanta cómo están modelados. Les haces justicia: retro minis pintadas estilo retro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lo que me gusta de esto es que puedo no tomármelo en serio. Pintar lo que me apetece y como me dé la gana. Y lo que salga está bien :D

      Delete