17/07/2016

Slow Metro progress

A very quick update today. A couple of weeks ago I talked about the elevated monorail station. I've begun the train itself, but I'm afraid my progress is desperately slow (as I'm also greenstuffing wasteland mutants at the same time!). I can show you this WIP of the metro car:

Way too clean!!
I just sprayed it all over in dark grey and then made some of the bigger sections using a rather crude brush. Still a long way ahead, you can see. At first I was slightly disappointed of the car not having seats, but on a second thought, it's much better this way; otherwise it wouldn't be playable at all .

For the diver's cabin I'll be needing, well, a driver. Of course it's going to be a servitor, nothing else would fit into the ambientation better than a genetic bred anthropomorphic production, programmed for basic functions. I'm still working on the shape. It will be just a torso attached to a bar fixed to the floor. Most probably he won't also have arms, but mechadendrites, and I have narrowed it into two head options:

Wobblehead

Boring regular servitor head
The first head has the appealing of being totally over the top, if that can be considered any virtue. The assymetric lenses and stuff make the driver look kinda unsettling. The second head, apart from the obvious better sculpting, serves its purpose as well, but makes him look more 'generic servitor'. I'm still undecided. I like the second better, but in the end the guy's going to be just inside the cabin and will be scarcely seen, so the first head will do as well. Hmmm...

I've also painted (well, primed!) the elevated railway pillars, but I have no pics. I'll amend that (hopefully) soon...

14 comments:

  1. Looks great, I would go with the driver you like, even nobody can see him very well.
    Because, after all, you will always see him perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's right. I also paint the inside of the vehicles for that very reason! :D

      Delete
  2. Good luck Suber! I can't wait to see the finished Monorail. It's such a great idea for a skirmish setting: plenty of scope for mayhem and cinematic action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I must confess that my original idea was a suspended monorail, that would have looked really sci-fi. Unfortunately there is nothing like that out there, but this one absolutely makes its part. TTCombat make another tasty (and well priced) monorail, if you ever consider something like this ;)

      Delete
  3. A giant piece of moving terrain - splendid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will bring some fun moments on the board, hehe :)

      Delete
  4. Hello, I have a question regarding one of your past projects. Is there a way to contact you about it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Email me: oldschoolworkshopblog at gmail dot com.
      I'm out of home for a few days, but I promise I'll answer ASAP :)

      Delete
  5. This looks very good so far. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's a different and original piece, the third dimension is sometimes underestimated in wargaming, and vehicles particularly are underrepresented. I hope this will brinc some colour to the board.

      Delete
  6. You sir, have a super creative mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! But it only boosts from whatever I get around!

      Delete
  7. Fantastic looking yterrain!
    greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are some pieces that you simply have to get as soon as you see them :D

      Delete