23/02/2017

Ballads of War 1x09

We now need something to actually happen! Still more people coming in, but the plot begins to move towards some point.


So we got all the field team, we just need to meet the pilot of the ship and the navigator (I left that character for another page, to avoid too much fuss; I think you still have a lot of people right now to get acquainted with).

I guess the thing that will raise some eyebrows here is the design of the Adeptus Arbites. I owe an explanation. At that time I was toying with different colours for the Arbitrator minis and trying to give them a more classic Police-like appearance. Hence the blue and white. I eventually abandoned that idea and later on I painted all my Arbites in black (if you fancy having a look, here they are). Now I see these and I chuckle, but it looks like I thought it was a good idea back in the day. You can see I also redesigned the helmet. The classic Arbites helmet is iconic indeed, but didn't look quite functional to me, so I made up these mirror goggled helmets (you'll get the chance to see them better soon). Well, I don't think too much of it. It was an art decision that was made and that's all.

The vehicle you see there is in fact the one I built for my Arbites :D

In its original blue/white colours
Of course this being but a puny attempt of doing something in this fashion:

So you see where I took the blue and white ideas from

Now in its current state:

Paint it, black
Enough. You got the link to my full Arbites force above (or here it is again).

You'll have some Arbites action in the next few pages :)
The previous pages can be found HERE.

More coming soon!

11 comments:

  1. Great job mate, and I love that Arbites waggon! very cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Couldn't resist including it :P

      Delete
  2. The vehicle doesn't look half bad, sure Mike McVey's looks better but it is a way better conversion than all of mine. I also kind of like the blue and white you used.

    As for the comic, that's an interesting turn of events and I'm curious how they are going to get out of this situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Things are getting itchy...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's highly encouraging! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you! More action incoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enorme
    Me encanta tio
    ha quedado genial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Le saco partido a mis idas de pinza :D

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! Still more weird art decisions to be unveiled... :D

      Delete