28/12/2015

Turtlemarine!

Hello everybody!! Merry Christmas to all!! (slightly out of time, I know, I know, but these days are being really, really busy!). Anyway, while trying to survive holidays, I'm also making my best to paint something!

Not sure if this is gonna be my last entry of the year (I have some other stuff almost finished, but not sure if I'll manage to finish it, take pics and blog it!), but just in case, I'd like to thank you all for being there and, of course, wish you all the best for 2016!!

But I guess you came here looking for minis! So minis it is. Well, just a single mini, but one that gives me some closure, as it's the last I needed to finish a squad. For some time I had been looking for this particular Terminator:

Mk.II Terminator Armour. The Turtleback
One of the weirdest models of all times, hehe. If you look back into the history of the blog, you'll see I had a few more Termies of old (If you are too lazy for that, you can find them among other models here or here, for example, including the epic wrecking ball terminator).

So the whole Terminator Squad looks like this:

Vintagemarines power!! By Jes Goodwin and Bob Naismith
I had the idea of sticking a banner pole to the Sergeant. I even came with this design for the banner:

Roman Capitoline Wolf blah blah. Classic enough, I think
But the Mk.I lacks an easy grip for the pole I needed, so for the moment it will stay without banner. Anyway, I will add another squad to my army using the oldschool metal Termies, so maybe I'll have another chance of using it.

Whatever happens, that will be 2016!! I'm on the verge of finishing my Epic vehicles, so if that's not my last entry of 2015, it will be my first of 2016 ;) 
I really want to make it into the year, so be ready for more blue Ultrastuff soon!

16 comments:

  1. A worthy end to the year Suber. And a very Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Merry Christmas, all the best for the new year!

      Delete
  2. I have to say I don't really understand how you found the courage to paint those atrocities, I mean god knows I love old lead but those are more than I can handle really. You did manage to make them look good though and for that you have all my respect (you never really stopped having it but you know what I mean).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! :D :D :D A little challenge is good for the soul from time to time!
      No, seriously, I have to repaint some other 'conventional' oldschool Termies to redeem myself :P

      Delete
  3. I'd never seen them before: they look hilarious (but in a good way, I reckon).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe these are from Goodwin & Naismith :D Not sure where they were trying to go with these designs, but hey, here is my tribute to the Rogue Trader Era Termies, hehe.

      Delete
  4. Blimey I know you said you were going to go and paint some Ultra Marines but why on Earth those ones!

    Excellent painting on a poor canvas ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, this was something I had to finish. Now I have peace of spirit to face other projects :D
      Thank you!!

      Delete
  5. la verdad es que a primera vista he pensado que eran caballeros imperiales para Epic...
    fallo mio! XD

    Se pueden dejar los comentarios en castellano o prefieres en ingles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Jaja, no creas que es un fallo, es una confusión muy comprensible! :D
      ¡Comenta en el idioma que prefieras, faltaría más! (Bueno, sólo hablo estos dos, pero si eliges otro prometo hacer un esfuerzo...) :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! I know they look... well, different :P
      But that's their appeal!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful Suber, great looking Terminator Squad. Good to see some old style Terminators, and in Ultramarine colours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess these models are not spotted that often, hehe :P

      Delete
  8. I love the fact that your squad has a mixed collection of styles. I always thought one of the most interesting thing about Space Marine Chapters is the idea that their armour is a kind of relic, and is preserved from century to century, creating just such a diversity.
    And your banner is beautiful. Can't wait to see it fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! That's exactly the idea behind this Squad, living relics, each one with its own story. Thank you!

      Delete