13/02/2017

Descent on a budget. Sir Alric Farrow


A new character for this side project. Sir Alric Farrow is another evil Lieutenant. As seen in the rulebook and official illustration/miniature, he is an ironclad warrior as well as a magic user. Quite a combination. My pal provided me this mini (remember, from the Reaper ranges):

The warrior and his amazing magic sword!
The conversion was simple. Rather minimal in fact. I took the shield apart (and repositioned the wrist), added a Bretonnian head (without the helmet crest, which had to be replaced with some greenstuff) and, facing the impossibility of totally recovering that sword, no matter how much boiling water I used, I eventually replaced it.

Now he reminds me of that 40K Emperor's Champion...

The paintjob couldn't be simpler too. Metals, blue garments and a puny attempt of depicting red energy glowing from the fist.

Looks like he squished strawberry chewing gum though

Given that it's a quick job I'm happy with the result. Those metallics look fun in the pic, but work fine in hand, so no sweat, another character done and I can move onto the next one, hehe.

Oh, and on the World of Twilight stuff. And the comic. And all the other projects...
Ahem.

12 comments:

  1. The blue is perhaps a bit ... too bright.
    But it is a nice conversion and a great save for what otherwise looks like a mediocre miniature at best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I think it's mostly the pic, but it's true that I went specifically for a bright blue, looking for contrast with the armour.
      The conversion is simple yet effective, so I'm pleased with the efficiency rate :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was quite a quick & easy work, I didn't want any complication, just getting some actual progress on the project :)

      Delete
  3. Quick, easy and effective, and I hear that the 'storm of bubblegum' spell kicks ass! Nice job mate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's quite a sticky spell!
      Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. Very cool Suber :) You've improved him immensely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hadn't really noticed the potential of these Reaper Bones minis before. There are some really sweet raw materials for interesting conversions, I need to explore their ranges...

      Delete
  5. Pues una conversión fantástica, queda genial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Como ves no tiene mucho misterio, pero creo que le da un toque curioso :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like a medieval version of a GI JOE villain. Your conversions are making my imagination run wild. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D :D Haha! Best. Description. Ever. :D

      Delete