26/06/2017

Twice a horror

I'll need a couple of flashbacks to get today's work full explanation. Some time ago I talked about the Fury of Dracula game. After that, a friend of mine got the game, but he's under certain... condition. He can't stand plastic minis, he always favours metal over pastic. So he got some 28mm minis from the Empire of the Dead ranges by West Wind Productions and commissioned me to paint them.

I painted the hunters, but we were still missing the masterpiece in the game, Count Dracula himself. We both agreed we couldn't find a better mini than the one made by Otherworld, which is truly fantastic. So I finished the game kit :D

Clearly in a hurry

But the end of this project was nothing but the start of another one. A twin project, you could say, as my pal, as a counterpart to the commission, gave me away the other remaining minis from the box we didn't use for his own kit. This way, he told me, I wouldn't have to suffer playing with plastic :D
So, you know, when we ordered the Dracula to Otherworld... we ordered two :)

Among the minis I had available then, it was easy to find candidates for the hunters...

Well, sir, a girl doesn't enjoy gentlemen rushing on her this way
Do we look manly (and Victorian) enough?

So here we have another full kit for the Fury of Dracula, ready to ravage all over Europe:

No need to hurry, sir, the train is delayed

Well, if we count the original 20mm plastic minis from the game, this is the third set I paint, this is becoming a habit, isn't it?
Don't ask me why, but I suddenly feel the urge to paint a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen :D

15 comments:

  1. They look great Suber. That Dracula figures is ace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the idea of him being in uniform, far from the conventional tailcoat.

      Delete
  2. Marvellous the OW Vampire is a fabulous model and you have painted it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a magnificent model, the sculpt is awesome, one of the finest models you can find of the Count :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Looking forward to playing with them :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, they have that sort of appealing vibe, they've been nice :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Suber, nice work dude, and on the comic, and the awesome rug stall, and all the other stuff I missed! I've been away for several weeks, but very much home now, and I've enjoyed catching up on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it looks like you've been busy with the update, welcome back on board! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. A nice setup and positioning.
    Excellent colour choices and painting on the models too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are nice minis, it's been quite an easy going process and not too much time consuming, so it's all good!

      Delete
  7. "... I suddenly feel the urge to paint a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ..." so say you. Just be thankful you don't have a sudden urge to paint the whole cast of Twilight ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Phew! That would be dreadful indeed!!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete