05/09/2017

Return to Colony 87

Man, it's been more than two years since my first Colony 87 post. Ouch. Well, at least I've painted the second batch before the expected third kickstarter is anounced. That has to count!

Once again, charming minis, beautifully designed and sculpted, a real pleasure. I'm in love wit these ranges. OK, let's go for it. First of all, mechanic Asa Stent:

I'm seriously needing ships for her to repair!

 A terrifying thing I've just noticed is that, though I consciously avoided looking for previously painted minis so I wasn't conditioned by them, I've painted junker Korl Feldspar just exactly as Asslessman painted the official model :O

You kidding me?
I don't know, orange is what I use for the workers jumpsuits, the rest was just what I thought the mini was asking for. Cool bananas.

Ahem. Let's keep on. I'm happy to confirm that Chamber Secretary Felix Saponya is painted differently:

You have to be very bold to wear that hat
I took a very different way for High Priestess Cardinia of the Benevolent Motherhood, as I went more Axiom-ish and thought it was time for me to have an Astropath:

Green means Astropath. It is the law.
For Recordist Junger I tried some kind of evident uniform style:

A-ha. Look the joy in my face
Finally, Botanist Hereward Osman has a different base. I thought he was needing more green, the dull grey base didn't suit him.

Yeah, I lost my left hand being a botanist. You don't know how agrresive certain plants can get

What can I say, I love them all. Each one is full of personality and cover different kinds of characters, so they are just perfect for my urban board. The city keeps on growing!

I don't know when will the third KS campaign see the light, but I'm already in!!

30 comments:

  1. And you did a lovely job on all of them. I might have to see if I can get ahold of some of the previous kickstarter figs. Need more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know if there are plans for re-releases, but I think you can reach Jon (Axiom), he's a really kind pal. There was a dedicated thread to that very issue at LAF...

      Delete
  2. These are great Suber! I've just finished painting the botanist myself, and it's quite a similar paint job! I really like his metal hand. I think I like your adviser the best - that purple is a great colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that these minis (or at least some of them) really lead you through the process, I found it particularly easy to choose colours for them, looked somehow a natural process to me. Looking forward to seeing yours!

      Delete
  3. Great work. Do you have any Astropolis figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do! I got the first KS. I couldn't really justify jumping on the second one having so much ooold work at the lead mountain :D
      But they will come to the workbench too...

      Delete
  4. Excellent, so nice to see more C87 models painted and especially by you !
    I have to say I did a double take when I saw the orange mechanic. ^^
    I'm waiting for the 3rd wave with eagerness !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I did not want to check again on your job so I could freely work on my own versions, but I guess I got your pics so embedded I couldn't avoid it, it must have been unconscious... Ouch, I think you made that Inception thing to me! :O

      Delete
  5. These are all stunning mate. Job well done. Love the Astropath and the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know why, but as I saw the mini I knew I wanted to take that path with her :)

      Delete
  6. Great job dude - such brilliant minis, and you have painted them beautifully! Love that purple on Felix's robes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That was another case of 'oh, I do need to use this particular colour on that mini', I think it suits him. Hmm, I may have to take some pics of him alongside his master Governor Greiss from the previous KS...

      Delete
  7. That Chamber Secretary is the stand out one of the bunch! Lovely job on all of them. I match your feelings of guilt about having a new KS on the way while there are unpainted figures already on the lead mountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, my lead mountain is beginning to become the cliffs of despair :D However, I enjoy that pleasant guilt and keep on hoarding. Is it serious, doctor? :D

      Delete
  8. They all look fantastic!
    ... and somehow my "Chamber Secretary" is a far inferior copy of your paint job.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ouch, I may have skipped that, sorry! I'm heading to your blog to check right now!!

      Delete
    2. Apologies, i was making a joke that I painted mine the same way. Just badly.
      I dont think i did a post featuring him, but he'surely in the backgrounds somewhere

      Delete
    3. Haha, not at all! I thought I had missed your mini, I browsed through your blog but didn't spotted it! :D :D

      Delete
  9. These minis certainly have a lot of details and you certainly have done really well with them. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The minis are sweet, I'm building a wild bunch of characters, I now need to design a scenario to use them all, glups!

      Delete
  10. Fantastic looking miniatures! Really love them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!They're really nice, I can take small credit :)

      Delete
  11. Great paintjobs Suber, they look excellent. Don't worry about taking this long to paint them all - I still haven't painted all of mine!!

    My favourite is your Priestess. She is may favourite figure from this set, and that's pretty much how I want to paint her myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oooh, I was sure you had to see her potential, you couldn't resist to make your Astropathic Choir grow :D

      Delete
  12. Guapisimos!
    Te han quedado perfectos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Es una gama de lo mรกs original, son minis muy agradecidas :)

      Delete
  13. Cracking work :-)

    cheers

    James

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent looking models!
    I recently got the Astropolis minis from their KS and these look like a perfect match with those presented here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also got the first campaign batch, I also think they all will fin in. We'll discover it soon (-ish)...

      Delete