30/03/2015

Project HeroQuest: A wizard did it

Back to HeroQuest!

Some time ago I brought back the Orc Shaman along with the Goblins. It has taken some time to muster the rest of the minis from the 'Wizards of Morcar' expansion, but it finally has been possible!
I was able to find both the High Mage and the Storm Master lost within my boxes of old, but I'm afraid I needed eBay to get the Necromancer. Anyway, here they are!
 
Heck, I just wanna get back to Gallifrey

Still better design than Radagast in the movies

Fashionable Gandalf
 
As you can see, there is no mistery at all. I think these minis have aged reasonabily well, I still find them quite appealing. The group shot:
 
Retro power!

This expansion set came with the mercenaries. I've been able to find the minis, but still trying to find all the weapons, it's been a long time and I keep on finding stuff here and there. Anyway, they will be here too eventually... ;)

15 comments:

  1. Really like that necromancer.
    I rermember it took me LONG time to realize what was that mysterious model in the middle of WFB 5th ed. Undead army in the battle book.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      Thank you very much! To me totally looks like a Time Lord from Dr. Who (but I say that as a compliment!)

      Delete
  2. Lovely work!

    Warburton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As you can see I went the easy way here, no difficult stuff; but I think simple looks better in this case :)

      Delete
  3. Fantastic paint jobs on a classic set of minis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic paint jobs on a classic set of minis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These have been a real pleasure to paint :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! He disfrutado mucho con estas minis, me ha encantado recuperarlas.

      Delete
  6. Espectaculares. Me encantan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Son minis bastante agradecidas de pintar, les tenía ganas desde hacía un tiempo :)

      Delete
  7. Great painting again Suber ... lovely paint work and color scheme on these small figures. My favourite is the Radagast look alike as I know how hard it is to make such a colour scheme look so good, and you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! In fact I wasn't sure of what colour combination to use on that one. Natural colours, kind of grey/dull palette, to depict him as the Storm Master. Glad you like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work on those old Hero Quest figures, sadly I have never had the honour of owning either them or the ogres set's myself, something one day I'll change.....

    And yeah, I hadn't notices how Time Lord like he looks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are lovely minis, I totally encourage you to look for them :)

      Delete