20/04/2017

Ballads of War 1x24 & 1x25

We have officially gone through half of Volume 1 now. Confetti!!



Well, OK, I'm no Bernini, sure, but the entrance to the sepulchre does its part. I have later regretted the aspect of it many times, but didn't want to redo the page. I wanted to represent a 'classic' Imperial monument from the early Emperor times, so nothing gothic or too shabby/square, but more delicate, in a Renaissance way. I don't know. Now I don't see it as such a good idea. I think it needs to be much more massive/impressive (you'll eventually know why, hehe) and in a totally different architectural concept. Anyway, this is how I drew it and so it stays!

 But the real news here is that we're gonna have some greenskins soon! This is getting entangled...

For previous pages, please be served HERE.

More doodles anytime soon!

8 comments:

  1. Perfect pictures! I love history and your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the milestone, Suber.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how you portray the orks. And I love your Latin inscription! Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hmm, I can make a spoiler, they'll be 'modern' Orks (I think I'll explain a little when I post the page).
      About Latin, whenever it comes to the 'Gothic' language in WH40K, I've always used classic Latin, not the 'dirty' version used in the game. Besides, I find it more pleasant the use of an actual language, with clear rules for its composition, not having to invent strange words. It makes it easier!
      Anyway, another spoiler... we'll get back to languages -and this very matter again- in a few pages... ;)

      Delete
  3. A fifth ... Chaos God?
    I think the portal to the sepulchre looks great, a remnant of better (and hence less gothic) times when lives perhaps did matter.
    A worthy ending for this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I'm afraid not! :P
      Think in old background terms. There was another faction in which the number four was relevant... in the very same way that Chaos!
      Hmmm, the mistery will be solved soon! :D

      Delete
  4. Intriguing! The fifth one what??? Can't wait to find out mate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a hint: this particular piece of fluff belongs no longer to the current 40K background ;)

      (Come on, what Codexes were so radically changed in the last ten years??) :D

      Delete