27/11/2023

Blog 11th anniversary

Eleven years today! Eleven!

No. Not this one

I don't want to repeat the same stuff every year, but it's been a long way so far and I still keep enjoying it like the first day. Of course that's because of your constant encouragement. Thank you very much to all of you for being out there. Your comments are always appreciated (no, sorry, spambots, I'm not talking about you) and your insights on what I try to carry on here is constant food for thought and ease for stress. I do appreciate, pals. Please keep coming, you are always welcome.

Those days of two posts per week (sometimes even three!) are now long gone, and unlikely to come back, but I don't really miss it per se. I mean, of course I'd like to have more free time and devote it to the hobby, but I'm good with things as they are. If I'm able to update the blog every couple of weeks I'm happy. If it's three weeks, so be it. If it's just a week or 10 days, super. I'm making no big deal out of the numbers, just enjoying every step of the journey.

What have I been up to in the last 12 months?

Well, I started with a normal skeleton, that should resemble no one you may know...

I came back to my realscale marines, recycling primaris stuff into 2nd ed like looking marines:


2023 has seen quite some colourful lizards from World of Twilight. In no specific order here you have some:



It's been the year in which I've been back to gaming too! I mean, just in 2023 I've played more than in the last four previous years on a whole!

I had this awesome game of Cursed City early in January:


And just afterwards I had this game of Aristeia! (Even with unpainted minis -shame! shame!)


I made an almost first, as I painted Squats. Me, painting Squats!

I'm also seriously commiting to this beautiful monster:

(Spoiler alert, I'm planning to bring more of this before the year ends, shhh...)

Speaking of large stuff, I incorporated this sizeable mining dump truck to my Genestealer Cult:

Oh, I got some other colourful lizards, but not from Twilight!


Went back to my Oldhammer roots with these glorious RT robots:

And from there to something purely new, as I got into Infinity!


I'm rebuilding my Underworlds boards, just got to the half of the project milestone:



I loved to go back again to Rogue Trader with this Imperial Guard platoon:

Which I painted just in time for my first WH40K2 game in 6 years (Wow):


It was glorious. I do need to play more to this.

After that I was in a fantasy-like mood and I painted these:


 Quite unexpectedly I played Aeronautica Imperialis:

And I'm closing my review with my latest progress on my current ongoing board:


I don't think I'm missing anything!

So this has been a year's work, what can you expect for next season? For now I can speak about a game in the close future (even just some days if I can write the AAR soon!), and I'm going back to the trireme, which I currently have on the bench. Apart from that, I have so many projects, as usual! Let's see which of them can be turned out into real stuff! I would be very pleased if you'd like to discover it with me!

Thank you all! Next episode of this adventure starts today!

34 comments:

  1. Happy blogoversary Suber, the last twelve months have had some awesome posts, which I have enjoyed every single one, and I never know what will be posted next, long may your blog and hobbying continue, and look forward to all the new surprises you show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not even me ever knows what will be the next post about! XD
      I try to keep things with as much variety as I can, always within my "themes" (and limitations!). I'm glad you like the stuff here!

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary! Always love go see your new stuff!
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can say the same about yours, it's highly enjoyable! :)

      Delete
  3. So your blog is only a year younger than mine. I shall call you padewan from here on in. :)

    Congrats mate for keeping this going and to such a good standard too. Excited to see what new things you have to show us now, and for the next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Not only that! In some cultures I could be almost considered a youngling! Ehhm... like in Yoda's species, for example!
      Thanks! I keep on enjoying the hobby, I only miss more time for it!!

      Delete
  4. Huzzah!

    Congratulations on 11 years of blogging!

    Its been both a pleasure to read and an inspiration for my own games related shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, but I have to say your work is quite an influence for me! Your character building and settings are enormously inspiring, I do love how the work on the blogs can provide mutual feedback and inspiration :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Suber
    A Great effort, many different and interesting projects. Difficult to call out any one project but I do really like the RT Imperial Guard ( As I had one back in the day) but of course I do love the Diehard Space Eru-Kin (Slann).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, you are so kind, but it's easy to tell you have a soft spot for the Slann! I'm so glad you like them, I always keep an eye on your projects and get ideas and references!

      Delete
  6. Excellent work on 11 years of blogging. I agree you need to relax about the number of posts you put out and not stress about it.
    An excellent set of projects and games for the year. I hope next year proves as enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! You're totally right, this is not about the numbers, just about having a good time with things you enjoy :) I hope next season proves fruitful!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, man! You're the best example of stepping out the comfort zone and getting awesome results! You're my hero!

      Delete
  8. Seems like the past 12 months were spent wisely; Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! If they weren't wise... at least they were fun! :D

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! Thanks for the ongoing inspiration…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your own old school ethos is truly fantastic!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on a very inspiring blog, you've had a busy year!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Many of my projects couldn't have been done if it wasn't for you, so please take quite some credit!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations and thank you for such an inspiring blog. Keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your recent work on Rogue Trader stuff is lovely and is highly motivational to take on my own stuff :)

      Delete
  12. 11 years! Wow, well done! It's a very entertaining blog and your conversions and painting are great. It seems that you've had an extremely busy year, too. I hope the blog continues for a very long time! (And thanks for commenting on so many of my models. It's much appreciated.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Oh, your blog is a constant reference for me! You keep on bringing new conversions and works that I find enormously inspiring!

      Delete
  13. Happy anniversary! I find your output continually inspiring, long may it continue ๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It means a lot coming from you, as your own work is quite an obvious influence for me! I'll try to keep it up!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thanks! You've been quite a part of this year's effort, I'm counting on you for next one too! :P

      Delete
  15. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. It's been great to see your output over the years. I look forward to how your new board progresses, as well as the Trireme. I must have missed the Rogue Trader robots, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, but your own work has been highly encouraging! Your Undead are awesome, and I'm most certainly revisiting your Praetorians whenever I dare to start that project! (Glups!)

      Delete
  16. Congrats Suber ... 11 and still going strong on the blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Just day by day!

      Delete
  17. Looks like you managed a really productive hobby year! I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I look back I see that I achieved more than I thought, and that's so encouraging!

      Delete