15/02/2013

Boromir, son of Denethor

...Captain of Gondor.

This is another one of the superb minis by Knightmodels. Their sculpt quality is really unsurplussable. You can see the actor's face in each model, they are wonderful. This belongs to the 72mm. LOTR range.

First of all I undertook the head:
 
Eddard Stark? No, I'm afraid you are talking about any other guy...
 
Once I had primed it all and I begun to put up the pieces I discovered with horror that... there was a piece missing in the box! The right arm was entirely missing. I thought about telling the company, but I knew that I lacked the patience to wait with the model unfinished till the reposition piece (if any) would arrive. So I just sculpted it with green stuff:
 
From shoulder to wrist
 
That implied cloth, chainmail and embossed leather. Well, I tried my best. I think it goes unnoticed once it's painted:
 
What a horn
Here you have:

Not perfect, but I'm satisfied

The model depicts Boromir before the Fellowship comes into Lothlorien, so the cloak is not the Elven grey one, but the Gondorian one. I had to check the movie production pics and I reproduced the pattern:
 
Again, not perfect, but good enough for me
 
I aim to get the whole Fellowship of the Ring when all the characters are released, so you can expect to see some more of these over here...
Hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. Very good work, the drawings on the cape are superb
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It took me a number of hours and it's not perfect, but it works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gran trabajo señor! las telas y la cara te han quedado de lujo; y menudo currazo con los freehands de la capa... óle tus huevos.

    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jajaja, muchas gracias! Una pequeña locura, pero creo que merece la pena :)

    ReplyDelete