01/02/2013

RT Ork boar & bike

I told you I had some RT Orks to bring in here, so I had to keep my word.

In the first place we have this boar rider:
 
Colour splash!
 
I tried to find an aesthetic motif to unify all my Orks, fom Rogue Trader times to nowadays. The idea of celtic trimmings and symbols appealed to me, as I find them atractive and warrior-tribal related.
 
Just experimenting with colours and motifs
 
The boar head is entirely greenstuff made. I didn't have one, so I had to sculpt it. Yeah, it's huge and disproportioned, but it was the first time I was trying to do something like that...
 
 
No, the boar is not wearing a monocle, it's a bionic eye

Attila the Ork

 
The idea of squig riders has crossed my mind, but I'm letting it sleep for the moment...

The bike is from the same ages:
 
Lovely thugs

We're comin' for ya!

I let the mohicans black, instead of red or blue, I thought there was colour enough :P
 
These were the kind of minis I was raised with in this game
 
Well, little else to add, this has been a true blast to the past, but for sure it will not be the last one. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

6 comments:

  1. Both of them are brilliant. Love the classic figures so much more character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I agree, those minis were so inspired and charming

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bike makes incredible jumps. Enough to crash with a Land Speeder, I'd say. *cough*

    And be wary of that boar, he has an angry vein sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you remember that!
      For the rest of the people, that's about a battle in wich that bike speeded up onto a ramp and crashed against a Space Marine Land Speeder (Ahh, RT rules...).

      As soon as I show the minis for that game over here, I will post that campaign ;)

      Delete
  4. Very funny miniatures , great paint .
    Cheers
    Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Yes, they are funny indeed, they remind me of the old times when I was a child and began to paint and play...

    ReplyDelete