11/02/2013

RT Ork Dreadnoughts

New guys today, being part of the Rynn's World Campaign.
This one appeared in WD#94, as the leader of the Ork forces for the Jadeberry Hill Battle: Ulruk of Mergabenurga, the albino Ork.
 
Albino Ork. These were the things that happened in RT
 
According to the background, this vicious Ork was a serious threat and he had to look really ugly. I tried to represent a vitiligo affection rather than a complete white Ork. Maybe I shouldn't had tried, as it's tricky and quite difficult to represent in a realistic way, but it was fun and challenging.

But I told you I there were Dreadnoughts today. I wanted something 'scenic' for this one:
 
Wait, didn't you say it was a Dreadnought? What's going on here?
 
Oh, you meant that Dreadnought!

Hulk Smash!

Aaaaaagh!

And this tiny can has a little brother:
 
Paler, but equally effective
 
I decided that they had of course to look shiny and bright, as they are meant to be for a Rogue Trader era Ork army. The white colour scheme was funny to choose; I did not want a generic 'black dread' (another one) as everybody has. I thought it was worth it to risk myself with some brighter colour. I think it fits it reasonably well and it's a change for good.
The family photo:

Cheese!

It was enormously fun painting these models, I enjoyed a lot during the process, as I do with every piece from that era.
But, as you can imagine, this is not the end of the RT project. You will have more soon... Soon...

6 comments:

  1. More classic mini's Top stuff, The skin effect on the ork is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was unsure of thr results, but it ended up working better than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dreads won´t be the same without the yellows and red. Oh, the times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shiny bright colours! That's the essence of the Orks! Any other attempt with pale dull colours is not the same...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veri nice figurines , really good paint , good work Suber
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much! I'm flattered coming from you :)

    ReplyDelete