29/05/2016

Lady and the tramp

Just a quick update today. I've been able to paint a couple of  civilians these days, but I'm constantly on a rush and haven't been able to post them!

Not much to say about them. I got both minis at the same time than the Infinity lady. The first one is also a lady from Infinity:

Colours look awful in this pic! It looks much better in hand
Don't know what this mini is in gaming terms, nor what that Cosmic Cube is either
Anyway, she makes another nice civilian lady. Cool for me

The other one comes from the Sedition Wars ranges. Once again, it was love at first sight. He just looked like an adventurer, maybe a pilot ready to pack his stuff and take his ship to other planet, maybe a bank robber with his profits after the big heist...

Endless possibilities
I'm noticing the chipping on the base as I'm posting the pics. D'oh
I simply knew I needed the mini


Now a couple of size comparison pics. First, the parasol lady:

She's quite a woman!
Then these two of today:

Not so tall, they are slightly taller than these GW, but they all blend in nicely

This is it, this unexpected civilian interlude has been fun, maybe precisely because I had no plans at all for these, I simply found them and needed to paint them :D
Let's see what comes next!

16 comments:

  1. Preciosas!
    Ahora... a por el siguiente no-plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Jaja, gracias! No-plan... ¡Esos son los más peligrosos!

      Delete
  2. Very cool mate, I'm particularly drawn to the Sedition Wars dude - love the idea of him being a galactic bank robber, like a 41st millenium Jacques Mesrine... rich pickings for a scenario or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bag just adds tons of possibilities, it's fun how such a simple element can give you a totally different interpetation on a character.

      Delete
  3. Splendid work, I like the Gypsy look of the Infinity miniature.
    For some reason the SW miniature looks like a proper outlaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I believe they can be approached in a number of different ways, that's what makes them interesting!

      Delete
  4. Sedition Wars guy is great, Suber. Good for all sorts of juicy scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm afraid that by now I have tons of minis and scenarios, but still haven't played any! Shame on me!

      Delete
  5. Great painting on both but I agree the Sedition Wars chap is awesome, I may need to invest in one myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The mini is great, it's inspiring itself, love at first sight, I knew I needed it as soon as I got a glimpse of the blister :)

      Delete
  6. That looks an awful lot like a Weighted Companion Cube the lady is carrying. Small though. She's an amazing non combatant figure, an unfortunately under developed genre :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! But I don't know its purpose within Infinity or whatever. Anyway I totally agree, totally underdeveloped, that's why I was so enthusiast on these ranges as son as I saw the minis!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness ... you are on a roll Suber. More awesomeness from you. Great additions to your squad. Love it. :) I see that you've waxed her legs. Should have gone for the hairy warrior lady look. Heh heh ... just kidding ... she looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! The lady just wanted to impress the audience, what could I say!

      Delete
  8. Infinity is very objective based - you need a "High Value Target" civilian model as well as your army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it for sure adds a different perspective to these games, nice to know not everything is just a 'kill-kill' game!

      Delete