13/05/2018

Cozy cottage of Twilight

Once you get bitten by these it's pretty hard to leave them apart. I'm talking about the World of Twilight ranges! These were commissioned by my friend, who got into the latest kickstarter; as always, I find them irresistible.

Belomoch dre Hearn the engineer is quite a nice, new concept, bringing a couple of tiny, adorable automata to the equation:

My puny painting skills make the steam look like soap bubbles. But ain't it cute too?

Thomson and Thompson
But the real eye candy for me this time was a piece of scenery. Listed as the engineers' cottage in the kickstarter, it's a most beautiful tiny house. I've spent some more time on it as I fell in love when I saw it.

A lizard needs a place to live in

The pic is awful, as usual, I'm afraid. I tried to apply vibrant colours to make it stand out as much as I could. I went for green as the main colour on the roof tiles so it looked different from any regular red-orange usual tones. My inspiration was some sort of Hobbiton like small cottage, so it all had to look green and nature oriented.

I'm having nightmares about defining the tiles
 In order to achieve the natural look, I took the hard way. There are not two stones in the same exact tone of grey together. The same goes for the roof, each tile has a different tone of green than any of the surrounding ones. It's an effect you may not see at first sight (and it shamefully goes totally unadverted in the pics), but it certainly adds 'something' to the final result. I guess the subtleness is the best quality I can call.

Cozy, but a little bit tight for the three of them
I still find the Tabletop World stuff too intimidating for my skills, but this house has been clearly educational. Oh, seriously, I'm feeling the urge to build a small village!!

This is just the mere beginning of a larger batch of World of Twilight minis. I'll be switching from this project to the others I have currently ongoing (the Genestealer Cult mine and the Space Sharks), as well as any other that comes to my workbench (I have something particular in mind, dun dun dunnn...), so expect some flashy colours in the following weeks! :D

18 comments:

  1. Wooow ! Really great! I will check it.
    regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I particularly love these sculpts :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! La casa es mi favorita, la he disfrutado como un enano :)

      Delete
  3. That's an amazing paint job on the cottage. That will add a lot of personality to a scenario.

    Very effective steam coming from the little robots guys as well. It draws the eye nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The problem is that I want to buils a whole village now!!

      Delete
  4. Looking lovely Suber! I could perhaps use one of these for my Burrows and Badgers games hmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the aesthetics totally fit in! The cottage is kind of small, more 25mm than 28, but it's truly gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. The patience needed to paint the rooftop alone is mind blowing. Excellent work Suber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks! It's nothing compared to the amount of work you put in your creations, though! :)

      Delete
  6. Ah, happy to see more WoT from you Suber. Not only does it all look like it comes from a fairytale, it's cute too.
    While I like your take on the cottage a lot, for me the real star of this post is the engineer itself. The blue skin works so well on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm reasonably pleased with the whole batch, I'm still exploring colours and patterns; fotunately I have a few minis ahead to keep ontrying things :P

      Delete
  7. Super miniatures especially house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The house sculpt is real eye candy, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  8. Excellent work! The house looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But to be honest, anything looks good on that sculpt! :)

      Delete
  9. Green is a great choice of colour for the roof tiles. The effort you put into changing up the tones sells it as a real place. It's like something that features in the old "The Dreamstone" cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Green was something I fancied, far from usual slate roofs. I think it helps to the nature of the whole World of Twilight vibe :)

      Delete