27/11/2021

9th anniversary!

 Here we are again!

Nine years ago I started a blog. Nine years, wow. Of course nowadays I cannot keep the same updating rate than I used to, but I'm still painting!

This year has been particularly slow. Raising the Suberlings takes most of the time and an unpleasant increase of responsibilities on the job is also alarmingly reducing the hobby time. I guess most of you are quite familiar with this, so what can I say, I'm just another regular guy in his forties!

Whatever the case is, 2021 is the year in which I have the least posts. Gasp! In my defense I'll say that I've been facing quite pharaonic, delusional projects, and I have even managed to actually finish some of them!

Let's keep track of what I've been up with since last November.

It actually hurts me to acknowledge that this project is in a hiatus since November 2020. Dammit:

I really need to resume this!

I've done some good old fashion Rogue Trader adventurers, pirates and so:


I've done a few fun side projects:

I got back to the World of Twilight:


When I talked about delusional projects, I mean stuff like this madness, the Conan KS game:

Still having nightmares from time to time

This project alone took most of my time and sanity points. But seeing it finished gives a sense of closure difficult to explain. Ahhhhh.

I also revisited some Orks:

And I got the privilege to paint this awesome bust:


Real life events moved me to play the only game I've managed to run this year, an intense game of Skirmish Sangin:


 If I didn't have enough with one KS, I also started to paint the other one I had pending for years, the Aliens vs Predator one, which I still haven't finished (the Colonial Marines are coming soon, I promise)








But well, you know, my star project this year has been the huge scratchbuilt monster, the Ork Gargant, Morkstroke:

Remember, it all started like this

One year later...

It's not yet finished, but close to!


This has been my blogging year! So not many posts, but I've tried thay all of them had some juicy content.

My priorities right now are finishing the Gargant and the AvP game. I really need to get back to my mining town board, and I have like tons of old school Orks patiently waiting for their turn. Apart from that, the usual stuff. Projects I started years ago, projects I started months ago, projects I'm about to start any moment :D

I invite you to keep on board, to comment whatever you thing I could/should do to improve the blog and well, just to sit and enjoy! Year ten starting in three, two, one...

38 comments:

  1. Happy 9th anniversary!
    Great too see all your motivated works
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Still trying to bring many more :D

      Delete
  2. Uffff, nueve años al pie del cañón, emprendiendo nuevos y apasionantes proyectos, sin dejar de sorprender y con él listón cada vez más alto. Este año, simplemente por el avance del bazar y la locura del Megagargante, perfectamente podrían ser dos proyectos emprendidos para figurar en una Wargames Ilustrated.

    Enhorabuena por estos nueve años, ojalá sigas deleitándonos muchos más, con proyectos aún más locos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! He tenido proyectos muy ambiciosos, demasiado. Pero bueno, me estoy entreteniendo de lo lindo con ellos :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Each day blogging is a victory!

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary, some great looking projects. Love the gargant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess I always deal with projects that happen to be bigger than I can chew, but I slowly erode them until they are finished :D

      Delete
  5. Well done for 9 years blogging. It is very hard to find the time to blog and paint and game squeezed in to the few spare spaces in everyday responsibilities.
    Fantastic projects as well. Very inspiring.
    Thank you for the time you spend to blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I can totally relate to what you say, time is such a scarce, valuable thing! I find it difficult sometimes (well, most of the time) to get myself to paint and to blog later, but it's always rewarding in the end, so it's worth of the effort!

      Delete
    2. Time... So say we all. There aren't very many of us in our 40s who can say that we have an abundance of hobby time. But I have to say, that what you've achieved is extraordinarily impressive. That huge adobe city? Brilliant. The Gargant? Absolutely classic. And everything else too. I find myself falling behind on reading people's blogs lately, but yours is always a pleasure to catch up with.

      Delete
    3. Thank you very much! This kind of absurdly large projects have pros and cons. They are enormously rewarding once they are finished, but the long way until completion can be overwhelming sometimes!

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary Suber, you may not have posted as often, but the quality and quantity you have done has been excellent, real life will always throw a spanner from time to time, but as long as you get to do some of what you want to, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Well, the drop in updates has been dramatic in the last two or three years, sure, but I'm still here, still enjoying every work and still willing to keep on the road! I guess I cannot ask for more!

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary! Blogs in general seem to have taken a big hit. The rest of life is busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, you are right. I miss many good blogs (yours is quite a very good example, it was so inspirational!), but I understand time takes its toll on everyone; I had lo leave forum life, for example, but I still consider myself lucky to be able to keep on hobbying and blogging. Trying my best to resist!

      Delete
  8. Happy anniversary, and congratulations on reaching nine years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a funny thing to turn around and see all the things we all have done in such a span of time!

      Delete
  9. Nueve años bien cumplidos.

    A ver si acabas el espaciopuerto y jugamos ahí. Desisto de seguir mi dogmática (y justa) cruzada para jugar a Inquisitor así que aceptaré el sistema que tu quieras. Así tengo excusa para ir a los madriles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! Oh, bueno, siempre puedo elegir Inquisitor :P
      Ten en cuenta que elegiré aquel juego en el que mi compañero se lea el reglamento en mi lugar XD

      Delete
  10. Nine years! Wow, that's a lot of blogging. It is difficult sometimes to fit blogging in around the real world - I've been lucky so far. Anyway, you've done loads of good stuff this year. That's a lot of Aliens, and the gargant is looking like it's going to be excellent! Congratulations on nine years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's difficult indeed, but I find it kind of therapeutical, so I intend to keep on the same path as long as I can!

      Delete
  11. Loved the "suberlings" part. Feels like u breeding gremlins xD

    Congrats on the 9 years, your work feels still steady and true to its roots. I've been now like 15 years or so and still (luckily) an underdog. Which is super to skip updating from time to time as no-one really cares 😆

    Ánimo compa, y que caigan otros 9 old-schol4ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they usually behave accordingly!
      Oh, man I think you're still my favourite underdog! :D
      Muchas gracias, a seguir en la brecha

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on the anniversary - where does the time go?! Looks like you've been pretty productive this past year and that's just with that amazing Gargant, never mind the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's true that I've posted less (the least in all these years, in fact), but I'm trying to make each post count. I don't think I'll repeat the Conan thing, as it's maybe too much for a single post, but I'll try to bring relevant posts!

      Delete
  13. Happy Anniversary! I think if you look at total model production rather than total blog posts, this would look like a bigger year. So many posts of either huge models or large kickstarters, I think you did amazing! Thanks for all the inspiration this past year; in fact I just ordered an incomplete Nazdreg and some plastic RT Orks to fill in some gaps in my crew. I revisited your post on Nazdreg to get an idea of what I can do with him :)

    Looking forward to see what you come up with next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! It's true that I've been into some rather time consuming projects, so the updates have been scarce (besides, real life doesn't help at all!), but the important thing here is that I still enjoy this hobby and I still feel like the first day!
      Ohhh, I'm eager to see your Orksies!!

      Delete
  14. Congrats and here's to nine more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wow, nine more looks like a lot, but hey, here we are after the first nine, aren't we?

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on your nine year blog anniversary! Super output, the gargant is awesome and the orks and other stuff are great too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I owe you the Ork stuff, and still have plenty of greenskins to do, I guess 2022 will see a lot of that... :)

      Delete
  16. Brilliant work and some epic projects! Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! Every new post is an adventure, but I'm still enjoying it every single day :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, Suber! That's an impressive amount of time. Nice to see so many different aspects of your work in one post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I could make more (and more varied) stuff, but I'm happy with the things I do :)

      Delete