Slowly getting back to bussiness. Some time ago I made a modest purchase from Westfalia Miniatures. Modest, not because I don't like their ranges. Pretty much the opposite. Modest beause I had to exert full self restraint, or else I would have finished up getting half of their web! It was more or less a test to see how their minis actually look in hand, if they were as good as they looked like in the pics. Spoiler: Oh, they do. They definitely do.
I have just painted a couple of them, for the mere sake of it. Let's start with this hazmat guy. Or whatever this is.
![]() |
| A land diving suit, I guess |
I fell in love with the concept. So impractical, so difficult to wear... it was screaming Rogue Trader! I needed one. It can work as some security officer of some sort in the spaceport or any industrial area.
But other design that immediaetly caught my eye was... well, this.
![]() |
| Even more unclassifiable |
This zombie cyborg looked so unsettling that of course I needed it! It will be some kind of Servitor in my games, and I think it can team up with the egg hazmat guy if needed.
![]() |
| Clearly not the weirdest couple you've ever seen in the media |
I honestly don't have a clear purpose for them both, but I'm glad I got them and that I painted them. It was nice to just get another couple of minis and finish them. These small batches help me from time to time to get some fresh air.
Now I'm slowly getting back to cruise speed, so I may get some pending projects on the bench. Nothing too ambitious, don't fear, I'll see what comes next...



No comments:
Post a Comment