28/02/2013

Sammath Naur- Chambers of Fire

Let me show you today another of the dioramas that crowd my shelves -storage is becoming a trouble!
It's the Sammath Naur. Well, you have just read the title, so you should have imagined by now:
 
Crappy photo taken at my previous home before moving

In the Cracks of Doom inside the Orodruin Dark Lord Sauron forged the One Ring and this place is known as the Chambers of Fire.
 
Drop it, Mister Frodo!

The minis are GW and, as soon I got them, I knew I had to build up a diorama. This cracking scene inmediately came up into my mind and did not leave until it was fulfilled.
 
Hey, Sam, what's that behind you...?

Maybe I shouldn't have preserved the round bases and have instead fixed the minis into the scene, but my gamer mentality avoided me to do so. If I did this again, I'd probably go for the absolute integration into the diorama.
 
Sssss... My precioussss....

The diorama itself is the cheapest seediest thing you can imagine. Just two pieces of plywood for the floor and the back wall, lots of DAS putty and some Tente Blocks (I've told you before of this Spanish alternate company for Lego which I've always preferred).
 
The final result
 
I tried some light effects from the lava beneath, but I'm not quite satisfied. Nevertheless, despite the shabby aspect of it, I'm still pleased with the idea of having my own Sammath Naur decorating the shelf.

6 comments:

  1. Sinceramente me ha encantado.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! No es gran cosa, pero me apetecía montar una cosa así.

      Delete
  2. Very nice scene , i like my precious ;)
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm afraid it's too big to fit in some shelves, but I love the scene that it depicts

      Delete
  3. Una pasado Suber, yo no termino de atreverme a nada de esto... seguro que lo dejo a medias...
    Un gran saludo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Te lo agradezco, aunque como ves no tiene misterio; sé que si te pusieras a ello podrías crear algo infinitamente mejor :)
      Aunque ya no me puedo permitir meter en casa muchas cosas de este tamaño :S

      Delete