28/03/2017

Variety is the spice

I've begun a new stage in the Twilight project. Though I still have a couple of big beasts of burden to paint, I wanted to do something different for a change. That's why I chose some anthropomorphic creatures. Three quite different ones, I must add. Let's start with the Fubarnii falconer:

Epic colour-burning pic. Ouch
It was the first mini of this batch I decided to paint as it immediately caught my eye. Ain't it beauty? The mere concept of the falconer is cool by itself, but the sculpt is also full of tiny details. The way the clothes are presented, its lace, its trimming... They all speak of a delicate, high-born person with a respected profession within the Fubarnii society.

I'm afraid those aren't Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion. But could be
Quite a contrast with the next one, in which I found very different lines:

A travelled fluoride green lizard
Gil Marsharl, travelling biologist, was the exclusive miniature from the first Twilight KS. A totally different mini, yet full of character and tiny details. Once again I went through the flamboyant approach...

If he gets lost in the woods it would be easier to find
 So OK, a falconer and a biologist. What next?
Some action, a Casanii leader, Telani Deyath:

With his loyal Yellowscales
The Casanii have a distinctive look within the World of Twilight ranges. They have a strong African vibe (at least for me!!) I'd love to take further and develop. Though I went Oriental with Loranti Pargal, minis like this one are asking for something in this fashion (which is great, as I hope it will let me try colourful patterns!)

Yet more to come!!

14 comments:

  1. I must say that they are beautiful figurines! I'm love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I love how different are they from the usual, some fresh air! :)

      Delete
  2. Cool! They're an unusual bunch, but I love the character of them. The bright colour scheme is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what makes them appealing to me, they instil some vibe I don't tend to see in other stuff. It's quite a challenge to paint, believe me, but I'm delighted withe them.

      Delete
  3. So bright!
    It's really great to see alternative schemes to the typical drab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being different as they already are, I'm trying to put an effort to make them look super colourful, and I think they respond pretty well to that. I really need to take some decent pics though :S

      Delete
  4. guapisimos Suber
    como siempre te has lucido
    Coincido en lo del toque africano, a mi también me recuerdan ese estilo xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! A mí me parecen superoriginales, es una ambientación que desde luego no se ve a menudo. ¡Todas las minis son geniales!

      Delete
  5. I really, really should start painting mine. I'm a huge fan of the game and setting but unfortunately I've got no one to play it with yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you totally should! I haven't played anyhing yet, but all the minis are sweet!

      Delete
  6. Great looking miniatures with stunning paint jobs by your good self. Sweet work dude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pics are awful, but I have to state that the minis are truly gorgeous, a real pleasure to paint :)

      Delete
  7. Always great to see your bright colourschemes on these!
    I tend towards shades of brown and grey when I paint, so it's good to be shown how well brighter colours can work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've already said this a few times now, but I find these minis highly inspiring, your sculpt is refreshing and the minis invite to take your brushes to new ideas and schemes :)

      Delete