After my previous take on World of Twilight minis, I decided I wnted to make some experiments on lizardy skin. I had two quite large minis, so they were the perfect canvas. I wanted a progressive colour shading effect, and I did so both in blue and red:
|This was the in progress concept; lighter tones for the nose, getting darker towards the tail|
The plain colours didn't work on such large surfaces, so I added a dot pattern, very frog-like.
|I mean 'exotic Amazonian frog'-like|
The baskets and luggage look easy to do, but they are way more detailed than I thought. That is what makes these interesting, the way you perceive them as part of a caravan, of a wider project.
They'll be part of the merchant's detachment (a merchant needs goods to trade!). Look at the gorgeous details all over:
Here you have, of course, the mandatory scale comparison shot:
|No, we're not relatives, if that's what you're asking|
My own lead mountain on this project has finally turned into a mere hill, a mound I would dare to say. But it's not over yet! More to come!