15/01/2019

Second Silly Sancho

You may remember (and if you don't I'll provide the links) my wasteland walkers, i. e., the Quixote Project ;)
I started with Don Quirixote of Manchae Prime and his faithful Sancho Panzer. I accepted a commission from a pal to make another version of Don Quixote for him. But now, of course, you can see that this project was unfinished, as he also needed a Sancho of his own.

Until now. Here I ride again.

I clearly didn't have enough
While this dapple had to look chubby and funny too, I wanted something else. My first approach was a classical one, with the rider on the long neck, in front of the hull itself.

A saddle over there, you know
But a friend convinced me to do otherwise. What if I put the driver on the back? Hmmm, interesting. With that in mind I had to use an old Ork biker (and some parts of the warbike). I'll show:

The body has a nice fat belly. Just remember that 'panza' is Spanish for belly

If you look really close, you'll see the contact key

Standard postapocalyptic cap
So I cut the neck of the dapple and repositioned the whole thing a little bit to get this:

Still chubby
Not exactly Akira toriyama style, but still works
From now on it's all about adding stuff
So it's just a huge walking trunk. Or a pot; still undecided
Here you have the finished result:





It is always better to make a journey in good company...


Here you can compare:



Now it's up to my pal to paint them! I'll be sure to share over here when he does so.

Dammit, this shit has me hooked, these are fun to do. However, I have no immediate plans for more walkers, as I still have a hell of a mountain of work on the bench! But in due time... Hmmm...

27 comments:

  1. Again, so imaginative! Really outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is becoming obsessive, I need to stop!! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's all made by using old stuff abandoned in my bits boxes :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's all really easy to do, I always go for the simplest method :D

      Delete
  4. Espectacular, luego las usas para jugar o simplemente las hacer por el placer de hacerlas y luego pintarlas? porque yo al ritmo que juego simplemente las pinto por gusto :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! ¿Ju...jugar? ¿Ese verbo cómo se conjuga? :D
      La verdad es que no juego nada. Mira el archivo del blog, una partida al año, qué pena. Pero procuro que merezcan la pena :)

      Delete
    2. veo que juegas con la misma frecuencia que yo XD


      T,T

      Delete
    3. Jaja, me temo que es inevitable. Pero por eso procuro que cada partida sea de esas que luego se recuerdan con los años :)

      Delete
  5. You could organise a jousting game with these :).
    I really like these walkers and it's a visualvtreat everytime you decide to build and show off a new one.
    A wonderful conversion, I know you don't plan to, but keep them coming ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ho ho, jousting! I do need to give that a thought and develop rules!

      Delete
    2. White Dwarf used to have a lot of fun minigames back in the day, like the Ork Barroom brawl, and I'm quite sure there was a jousting game in there (for the Brettonian knights) as well.

      Delete
  6. Do love your scratch builds. Can't wait to see him painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The owner does already have both walkers, I've asked him for pics as soon as he paints them!

      Delete
  7. These contraptions are so inspirational - you have a real knack of using shapes and parts from everyday objects to create a fantastic credible whole. The rear mounted seat works nicely with the shorter body of this version. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! But look who's talking! You are my conversions guru!

      Delete
  8. Fantastic conversion! Delightfully imaginative work, really very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm seriously struggling to focus on (any of) my ongoing projects and not to divert efforts to a whole Quixotesque universe!

      Delete
    2. A whole Quixotesque universe by you would be splendid!
      Best Iain

      Delete
    3. I toyed with the idea when I finished my first Sancho Panzer. I think that when terms such as 'Battlestar Barataria' popped up I really got scared and left it! :D
      But I have to confess that the whole concept would be a project I'd like to see!

      Delete
  9. Incredibly cool and fun to read about the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The making of any of these is quite organic, I really don't know where I am going to end when I start gluing rubbish and stuff!! :D

      Delete
  10. Looking excellent! When I first saw the title I was getting ready to post a link to your first one... Until I realized it was your blog 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I understand you, making one Quixote & Sancho is weird enough, but who would be so insane to make two of both?? :D :D

      Delete
  11. Your creativity knows no bounds, Suber. And if by "this shit has me hooked" you could alternatively mean your creative work, then I'm hooked too sir :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you very much! I'll try to cope with the pressure and keep on building new creative stuff!

      Delete