19/10/2015

Lord Macragge revisited (Pt.1)

New crazy project! Once again a product of my mental scattering :D

Those of you who know the latest edition of the Space Hulk game will be familiar with this mini:


Man, is that bus coming?

It's a perfect objective marker for the game, sure, but what I saw was this other thing...

You saw this HERE
 
 You know, that's my lateral thinking... Don't ask, there is no rational explanation. I just knew I had to do this. Sooo, in order to update the vignette, first thing you need to do is removing some expendable stuff.
Thousand of blood drops and other Blood Angels stuff!
 
From them it all was a matter of getting the right bits into the right places. So you know, greenstuff all over, a suitable head... Hardest thing for me was finding a right hand power fist. I have plenty of left handed ones, but not a single right handed one! I finally had to get one from Space Crusade:
Now beginning to look like something
 
However I wasn't getting the right vibe for the mini. It lacked some quality and I wasn't getting it to the point I was looking for. I finally had to assume I was in need of drastic measures. I had to desecrate the modern Marneus Calgar mini (you know, the one in the Terminator armour).
This is how he's gonna look in the end

I took the right shoulder pad and the ammo belts for the bolters. At this point I could then as well used his head or his right arm, but you know, that mini is much more aggressive, the guy is charging through the battlefield, so his fists are clenched and he's shouting. I needed quite the opposite, a relaxed attitude, so I just used these bits and that was all.

So this is it for the moment! I have the centerpiece, the boss, but I will need some more people for the vignette ;) I'm working on it, you'll see what I'm getting in a few days...

10 comments:

  1. Damn you Suber, you always find the coolest ideas and put them into motion !
    This is really cool.
    I have to say I'm alway terrified seeing conversion with non-stripped parts but I don't worry too much knowing your skill. Really looking forward to part 2 now !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JB! I thought this could be different. I'll try a complication-free approach, for sure, most likely just updating the original vignette. Let's see how this turns out!

      Delete
  2. That's just brilliant. Very evocative. Are you going to reimagine the whole diorama?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, I still haven't a clear idea of the final result or how much I'll get into details, but I'll try to go at least one step forward from its predecessor :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome idea and it is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Still to see what I get from this, but well, I'll try to make this worth of the effort :D

      Delete
  4. You are truly full of ideas Suber. You have yet to stop surprising me in every post on a new project. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! These are the silly ideas that come to mind from time to time, still have to see how this turns out!!

      Delete
  5. It amazes me sometimes how you can blend parts from different GW lines, even decades apart and make them look stock; as in it came from a blister, you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, the tricky part is finding pieces that fit in properly. Most 80's heads, for example, wouldn't make it into the armour and still look good. Anyway, the paintjob will decide everything, for good or bad! Still to see...

      Delete