07/12/2015

Ambull!

Title says it all! I took part in the Space Riders Kickstarter campaign by most talented Diego Serrate. He really made an outstanding work on bringing RT creatures to life, seriously. All his sculpts instil charm and personality.

My first choice was the Ambull, a dangerous creature native from the rock deserts of Luther McIntyre IX. They can be found on extreme temperatures planets, excavating tunnels for their lairs in the rock.

Free hugs
Looking for that desert ambientation, I chose the bown palette. I used a scorched brown all over (German camo brown by Vallejo) as a base. For the shades I mixed dark green and regal blue:

Looks like a giant mutant coprolite
For the fleshy parts I used beiges instead, so it all kept a colour coherence but you could still see the differences.

Quasimodo? No, doesn't ring a bell

Though I've seen it (the GW original version) painted with some other flashy colours, I rather went on this path, more earthy; it somehow felt right once I begun to paint it.

No, those are not scuba tubes
So this is it, a nice addition to my RT bestiary and a cool concept for scenarios in tunnels or labyrinths.

Humans have tried to tame Ambulls. Not all efforts have been successful
Well, this is the first of the batch. I'll try to have them all painted in the next weeks! :)

15 comments:

  1. Great job Suber, can't wait to get my hands on mine now ! I'm looking forward to the other models you might have grabbed !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All the models are lovely, I got the full batch, so I have some work to do!

      Delete
  2. Excellent. I've been neglecting my RT stuff and didn't even know about this one. Rats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you most certainly must do something about that! :D There are some pretty nice models awaiting for some love!

      Delete
  3. Nice work - the muted colours look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought they could work. I've been told that the mini looks like Rancor's little cousin :D

      Delete
    2. It does a bit!

      Delete
  4. Great job Suber! Like JB, I can't wait to paint mine up. Love the earthy colours - perfect for a burrowing creature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The mini is sweet and easy to paint, go for it!!

      Delete
  5. He looks great in the desert color/earthy scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Stomping into one of these after a long day in the desert for sure won't be that nice!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! It can certainly do its part as any post-apoc mutant beast too... Not that I'm trying to give you any bad ideas...

      Delete
  7. Awesome awesome work Suber. What Simon said. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like this Little sillyness :D

      Delete