22/09/2018

Punkapocalyptic gratitude

I've been pretty much out of the painting bussiness for these weeks, as the issues in the muggle life tend to be somehow annoyingly demanding. But on the (very) bright side, I received a surprise last week (or maybe it was the previous one? I'm losing track of time!) in the mail. A pal, related to the Punkapocalyptic project, just sent me a whole band, fully painted :O :O

He thought he was in debt to me, but let me tell you, now it's totally the other way around! Just see the minis, please:

The whole Mutards band
 Some close-ups:

Unsure about if it's a teenager or a ninja, but you know
When they told me we were recruiting a creepy slug  for the band I didn't expect this


Talking about 'creepy'...
Best one on domestic work
Man, this Kuato issues are escaping out of control
There's another Total Recall reference here, ahem...
We could say he's somehow anchored to the past

What can I say, this is enormously exhilarating. I wanted to get this band and I suddenly find it at home -and painted!

BTW, the guys at Punkapocalyptic are running a new Kickstarter campaign starting next Sept 25th, this time including a full starter set, so I think it's a good time to get back to the game...

14 comments:

  1. I am impressed by those color choices! Reminds of late '80s Blanche...which is a good thing I assure you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way they look! My pal used more vibrant colours than I tend to use with this kind of post-apoc minis, but they look really nice!

      Delete
  2. Always fell in love with your minis! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can't take any credit at all (apart from being proud of becoming the new owner!!)

      Delete
  3. Me encantan jajaja (maldita tortuga ninja! ><)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Son buenísimas, un puntzo de minsi todas ellas :D

      Delete
  4. Wow these guys look amazing; definitely an air of John Blanche around them!! Too stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have that vibe, don't they? They can work for Necromunda/Confrontation-like ambientation too!

      Delete
  5. Great looking mad mini's!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cool. Punkapocalyptic has that irreverent vibe that makes their ranges interesting :D

      Delete
  6. That's a really nice thing your pal did. And just so you know, you never need an actual reason for a project. Just because sounds just about right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are so right! In fact those 'just because' projects are always the best ones!

      Delete
  7. Love these I keep meaning to pick some of these sets up as they are fab sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I think that many of them would fit in your PA settings, I cannot but recommend them!

      Delete