27/11/2018

Blog 6th Anniversary

Another year has indeed gone by for this blog! Right, it's been six years since I started this adventure. Wow.

This is a huge milestone for me, even if it doesn't look like one. I never had any serious expectations about blogging, it was just a way of showing my humble stuff and having it organised somewhere; but I never had plans or schedules. Well, if you look back to 2012 or 2013, you will see that many things have changed. I was usually able to update the blog twice a week, while now I hardly can make a post every week or two. Well, you know, life tends to do that and I have no regrets. With little Suberling Prime over the place (oh, and some news: Suberling Secundus incoming next year!), work, family, studies et al., hobby time has somehow decreased.

However, though slower, I'd like to think that I now paint slightly better and that some evolution can be noticed through the years. I also embark myself on silly stupid bolder projects, so I'm overall happy with the pace of the blog.

I hadn't seen the blog stats for a whole year, I'm just looking up for them right now, as I don't really make a big deal of that kind of numbers. Anyway, 566.369 hits looks satisfying to me (Come on, not all of them can be bots, can they? If you are a bot please do not respond), with USA, UK and Spain remaining the top three visitors once again.
What can I say, ladies and gentlemen (and bots. This blog tries to be totally discrimination-free). A huge thank you. Thank you for being there, just lurking if it's the case, hopefully smiling at my silly ideas here. Enormous thanks to all of you who regularly leave some comments. Seriously, pals, you make this much, much easier. Your constant support, encouragement, criticism and ideas are essential. YOU make this blog work.

Once I said that... yes, I know all the above is fine, blah, blah. But you people come over here to see some painted stuff!
My latest World of Twilight minis (commission again), just finished them right before starting to write the post. As usual, I love them, I truly do.

I'm running out of ideas for new patterns!
But I still can make them work

Musician lizards. Beat that

They could be on a Bennetton commercial

Finally, some flora. Man, even that is refreshing
This is it for today! But more stuff coming soon.
So well, Year Six is behind, Year Seven lies ahead. Let's go for it. Let's discover together what the brushes have for us!

36 comments:

  1. Well done! It takes persistence. Oh, and I love those mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Persistence is easy in this kind of endeavour :D

      Delete
  2. Congrats ! one of my favourite blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogday and those miniatures look amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they have been a real pleasure to paint :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the 6th anniversary of your blog! It's always a pleasure to have a peruse of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I should make more recaps, I tend to get lost amidst my chaotic projects!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the blog and Secundus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and good job on the minis. I like the flora a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those plants are nice indeed. The freedom of painting them like alien flora has also been refreshing :)

      Delete
  7. Nice models and congrats for both teh midlestone and Suberling secondus coming !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, very much, JB! (And glups!!) :D

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the blog, Suber.

    Thanks a lot!!! Really!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, man! I hope you enjoy the minis :)

      Delete
  9. Those look great, I love all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it's quite an important part of this project. The garish colours make them stand out; if I hadn't been told to paint them so, I would have probably tried earthy, natural colurs, but I have to say that this other approach is really much more appealing to me :)

      Delete
  10. Congrats on 6 years man! I really like that orange and black fellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that one's my favourite too. The pose and the whole sculpt tell a story, and I hope the colours make the mini justice

      Delete
  11. Te alabamos y admiramos, Suber. A por otros seis aรฑos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! Muy lento, pero sigo cabalgando...

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't forget we still have plans to develop! I hope they can be seen just here along the year!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! Lovely work, especially your united colours!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurrah! [+EXLOAD AUDIO FILE: CELEBRATORY TOOTS+]
    Congratulations – here's to the next six years, and next two Suberlings! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks!! Wow, let's take things slowly!! :D :D

      Delete
  15. 6 aรฑos y nunca me has puesto en el blogroll...en fin...felicidades, sin rencor...sin ninguuuuuun rencor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Tu blog estuvo mucho tiempo, hasta que lo abandonaste! De vez en cuando me da por retocar el blog y hago limpia, jajaja

      Delete
    2. No lo abandone, solo lo actualizo muy de cuando en cuando, como el gran Dave Taylor, que no actualiza desde...hace 8 meses...na menos XDDDD

      Delete
  16. Congrats Suber ... here's to many more sir :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations and cheers!
    Great work on these Twilight miniatures, they look most excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! These minis were the last of that batch, so I have some sensation of closure... that will last until the next KS :D

      Delete