23/02/2019

Spaceport Crew

After last couple of weeks making statues (and building scenery and vehicles before that) I needed a change. I just wanted to paint something; something easy, a few minis, preferably living people!
Fortunately, the lead mountain provides anything you may need in such a case. I had the Deck Department from Statuesque Miniatures waiting for a looong time. Wow, what a bunch of minis. They are gorgeous. They have a quality in their design that makes them useful both for a kind of pulp-ish ambientation as well for a sci-fi setting. So I knew I wanted them to configure a Spaceport crew.

Enough chat, here you have them:





I can't praise the sculpts enough, they are certainly sweet. These are my first minis from Statuesque and I'm delighted. It's a shame the pic's are awful as usual, most of the tones and highlights are lost; my bad. They don't wear extremely high boots, promise, it's the kneepad on the jumpsuits, and it's supposed to look in a different black than the boots. Sigh.

The four of them:



A size comparison shot, which I always find interesting:

Those in between are Colony 87, Hasslefree and Colony 87 again. They match perfectly, so I'm most definitely happy with the purchase :)

Speed repairings are common practice on far outposts
Not only the minis are great, but it was the right time for me, if you know what I mean. A small, closed project, easy to take on and some fresh air after my latest stuff. I think I'll be delving into the lead mountain for some more stuff of the like :)

24 comments:

  1. pues están muy bien, me recuerdan a los que repostan la nave del quinto elemento. Northstar ha sacado minis para un juego de ciencia ficción que están muy bien ya les echaras un ojo que tienen un estilo viejuno muy majo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Las he visto, y desde luego me hacen tilín. Alguna caerá con el tiempo, seguro :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful brush work, the crew is amazing. I look forward to seeing them in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But to see them in action... do you think I need a spaceport? Ehm... what do you mean by 'rhetorical question'? :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! They were reasonably easy to paint and have a RT vibe that makes them suitable for my purposes :)

      Delete
  4. They've come up very nicely! I do like your paint scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think these would look nice alongside your Peregrine ship ;)
      Any chance we can see her in action anytime soon?

      Delete
  5. They are wonderful, fantastic brushwork!
    Also, great choice of colours, they look real professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pics are awful, the minis look much better in the flesh. The sculpt is terrific, I totally recommend them :)

      Delete
  6. Ha! So, when I saw just the title, my first thought was "I should recommend the Statuesque Miniatures ones if they want to expand their crew,"and then I came over here and found that you're way ahead of me in that regard!

    They look great! When I look at the higher res versions of the pics on TinyPic, I can see where the boots actually end. I chose to use an off-white for the padded/reinforced parts of the worksuits to make that distinction more clear (and because it kind of carries along a theme I've been using of orange and off-white for civilian gear in general), but they do look really good with those areas in black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! Hmm, white is a colour that works fine with orange too. I think I subconsciously copied the BSG technicians uniforms, which are an obvious source of inspiration. The real problem here is to know when to stop and not to keep up buying more minis of the like!

      Delete
  7. I hadn't seen these before. There are simply not enough crew and technician figures out there. I'm ordering a set asap.
    Great paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they would look great in your ambientation, they are simply perfect for your ships!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you! Painting them all the same was quite a time saver :D

      Delete
  9. Those look absolutely ace man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The credit goes to the sculpts, these minis practically paint themselves (Well, not literally, you know, but almost) :D

      Delete
  10. Great looking techie crew types, lovely shade of orange!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are certainly delightful, I regret not having painted them sooner!

      Delete
  11. These Statuesque figures are great, aren't they. I too have a set sitting in my pile of shame, waiting to get to the top of the paint queue! I love your striking red and black paint scheme. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They fit in well with the Colony 87 range, so I didn't feel the urge to convert them, but I'd love to see your take on these.

      Delete
  12. These look great Suber. Excellent work all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were some fresh air among my ongoing projects, I need to do this more often!

      Delete