28/09/2020

A little bit of dungeoning bits

 Some kind of interlude post today, as I'm derailing away from my usual stuff. As told you some other times, the lack of time forces me to aim for small projects which I can open/do/close in a relatively manageable amount of time. So they serve me as side projects while I keep slowly working on larger stuff. This is one of those occasions. I had this box from Valquiria Studio waiting for ages (some years in fact) to be painted, and so I did!

Honestly, can't recall what game I had in mind when I got these. But they are so nice!

I did nothing but a quite straightforward paintjob to take them out of the bench, allowing me to take some fresh air and think of my other ongoing projects. Here you have the stuff:

Ubiquitous generic treasure tokens

5G Palantíri

Some Warpstone taken from the mine!

Not sure of what kind of eggs are these, but you better stay away from them...

Of course the central piece here is the translucent resin door:

I don't know why it looks to be exploding, but the thing is cool

Finger shown for translucent purposes only

As usual, you can't say from the shitty pics, but all the stones have different tones. Take my word. I used this cream/white palette to tie it with my Shadespire boards. No particular reason or plan at all; it's just that I don't currently have any other fantasy looking buildings or ruins, so I just kept that flow.

While doing all this I also found this Barbarian by Heresy Miniatures on a shelf, so I made some room for him. After all, these bits need someone to find them over the dungeon, don't they?

Yeah, yeah, stuff's good. But now, where's the booze?

Just a group shot:

The eggs still make me uneasy among the treasures

I think I can use most of these for my current Genestealer Cult/Mining town projects. That's why I painted the eggs in those colours, for example. They serve as objective markers or whatever, so you may see them in the future out of a dungeon ;)

Well, this is it for now. Now I can turn again to something completely different, as usual :P



17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! A really quick & easy paintjob, enough to move forward :D

      Delete
  2. Hasta que no he visto el dedillo por detrás estaba pensando "joé que mostró, que efectazo!!"

    Tengo sentimientos encontrados sobre las miniaturas y el metacrilato en general. Por una parte soy un yonki de lo transparente: tengo ni se sabe de proyectos a medias con cabinas que se ve el piloto...naves, robots. Me flipa.

    Pero por otro lado, creo que dejar "material sin tratar"... Raw style. Es como que juguetiza o desmerece. Las antiguas peanas de plasti transparente me traían de cabeza. La mini hiper currada y el pié transparente como un formato.

    Aún sigo con ese dilema interior.

    Si estuviera de mazao como ese bárbaro tan chulamente OSLizado no tendría tantos 'poblemas mentales 😖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Formato = Gormiti.

      Deficiencia mental la mía. Es la gran contra del móvil y su autoerrador.

      Delete
    2. Estaba un poco desconcertado con lo del formato, lo admito :D
      Sé lo que dices y tienes razón. Me planteé pintar o dar una tinta, algo... pero entonces perdería el efecto de transparencia. No lo sé.
      Tengo un par de fuentes de esta misma casa, de resina traslúcida azul para el agua. No tengo muy claro cómo tratar ese efecto :S

      Delete
  3. jope, te han quedado genial, y el bárbaro brutal :D yo menos el portal también tengo esos marcadores, son los que me regalaron por la preventa del frostgrave juego al que todavía no he jugado y eso que tengo mi banda de enanos viejunos para ello.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, la verdad es que ha sido una cosa para oxigenar y poco más. Frostgave es un juego sencillote y muy divertido, yo lo recomiendo mucho (si lo que buscas es un juego rápido y sencillo, claro)

      Delete
  4. Splendid looking paraphernalia! I particularly like the warp gate and barbarian!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I went on the dirt & easy way this time, but I'm happy with the time-result ratio :D

      Delete
  5. Great dungeon bits! Really makes one wanting to explore the gangerous depths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhhh! The only answer for that is to build a whole 3D dungeon. I'm not yet ready for that!

      Delete
  6. I just realized I never left a comment on these. They're phenomenal! The torch wielding barbarian is an incredible figure, you really nailed the lighting effects on him. I just hope that he's nowhere near when the facehuggers jump out of those eggs... :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's all a tiny, nice set. The facehugger eggs are really unsettling! I do need to use them for my Genestealer stuff!

      Delete
  7. What a great set, especially the portal!
    Very tempted to pick these up as scenario items for my 15mm fantasy games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice pieces!
      Contact them, they are a tiny little company, not sure of how they are running bussiness nowadays, but their products are pretty cool.

      Delete
  8. Quick, deceptively easy, and most importantly ... excellent results :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! It's a time efficient work, so I won't complain :D

      Delete