Back to the Afghanistan project again :)
The last pieces I'm assembling for this (for the moment!) will be two vehicles.
I got this Humvee and got it painted in Spanish Army colours:
But when I had it finished I begun to think. 'Well, it is really close to the Spanish model, but... Not close enough'. You know, the kind of stuff that comes to mind from time to time. It simply didn't work for me no more.
Sooo... let's get hands dirty!
|Step 1. Some green stuff will be needed to fix that|
|Step 2... Hey, what's that?|
I used a stowage kit from another model to make the bumper. When properly cut, it looked more or less the way it was supposed to be. The wire cutter is just some plastic cut & glued to give it that shape.
|Details. Tiny details make all work|
|The same on the back|
Then I painted the sign these vehicles bear to avoid local cars breaking the security distance:
|Keep distance in Dari. More or less|
So the vehicle definitely looks like this when finished:
|It also has Spanish military plates|
|If you don't keep the sign clean, nobody's going to see it!|
|Mandatory comparison pic|
On the other side, Afghan guys also needed some mobility:
|No modification at all this time|
|That's a serious gun!|
|Once again, size comparison pic|
Both vehicles look like this:
|Ready to go|
I still have to find a proper turret for the Spanish Vamtac, but it's fine for me for the moment.
I'm afraid I still haven't dared to seriously read the Skirmish Sangin ruleset, I believe I should take my excuses apart and definitely lear how to play...