10/08/2024

Crisis Protocol (Pt. 1, the good guys)

 After I painted some Space Marines for my young Suberling Secundus, his brother Suberling Primus asked for some minatures for him too. The thing is that he wanted Marvel miniatures. Oh, of course I could have purchased Heroclix stuff, or maybe a number of other options, but me being the responsible parent that I am, found that the only responsible option was to get the Marvel Crisis Protocol Core Box:

The only option. I know you understand

That's it! I'm into supes now. I'm just painting and have no idea of the rules whatsoever, but I think that first things first, let's get the minis or else we won't be able to play!

Today I'm bringing the good guys.

The invincible Iron Man:

Sorry, at this point I can no longer tell which model is this armour

This is a tricky model, as the joint of the mini itself to the base is quite unstable. After falling down a couple of times, I managed to carefully drill and pin it, and problem solved.

More. Captain America:

Burnt colours, but you get it

I originally painted the boots and gloves red, butmy kid wanted them brown, more in the looks of the movies. I tried to argue that this version is closer to the comics, but there's also a movie version, so I could paint this red and maybe sometime in the fut... There was no point in arguing. Brown they were.


Black Widow:

Ouch

I'm still amazed at the mere design of this mini. Its badassery is beyond measure. I was scared about it being unstable and flipping down or whatever, but not at all. It's a piece of art as well as top notch engineering.

Let's move on. The Winter Soldier:

Great mini, awful pic

The model had two heads, but I chose this one. I may use the other for future projects.

Now the revolution. Captain Marvel:

I'm not sure what's exploding at her feet

This model had two heads too, long and short hair. I chose this one, being closer to the movie.

But I don't have just one Captain Marvel...

I have two!

I haven't read the rules, so no idea of why there are two versions, but I guess there must be some kind of evolution of the character. I'll tell you when I read about it.

Finally, your friendly neighbour, tha amazing Spider-Man

Once again, a mastery of design

Here you have them all:

Heroes!

BONUS:

I also painted the measuring tools:

These are for movement

And these for range attacks, I presume

I tried to keep a comic-book vibe on these, I hope I got it. They are heavily varnished, let's see how long do they last...

This is it for today! Next one will be the baddies and the scenery. Stay tuned!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I was an avid Marvel comic-book reader back in the day, but had never got into superhero minis, so it's kind of fresh new experience for me!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic work on all the heroes Suber, I think you've nailed the comic book look on the measuring tools perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to keep the vibe all over, it's fun to see how your style tries to blend into that kind of lookings

      Delete
  3. Great work! That Black Widow model is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Black Widow is bonkers, I'm amazed at how dynamic the pose is and yet how stable it turned out! Most daring mini I've seen in quite a time!

      Delete
  4. En mathom tienes cosas muy baratas del juego, me he pillado un par de tanques de hydra para otras cosas., y por cierto, muy chulas las minis, algo grandes para mi gusto , pero muy chulas ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Ay, Mathom, sí, lo conozco. Uf, aun a riesgo de arrepentirme acabaré mirando... :P

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! A change of subject, I enjoy that kind of challenges! :)

      Delete
  6. Nice change, very not Grimdark 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I need this kind of changes from time to time! I just hope not to get distracted and bring a Space Marine into the project! XD

      Delete
  7. Awesome looking superheroes! lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I tried this clean, bright approach, I think it suits them properly!

      Delete
  8. Wow ... being a Marvel fan of sorts myself I can certainly appreciate the cool factor of this set. And definitely nice paintwork on the minis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The minis are cool beyond any measure, I'm quite glad with the purchase :)

      Delete