22/01/2015

Battlefleet Gothic. Ork Fleet (Pt. 2)

Moar wurk!

Once I painted the black details, I begun the metals. Slow work, but kinda paying off:

Da big shipz

I must confess I love these scrappy ships

And so on until I get 33 ships

Maybe the Sharkies are my favourite ones

 OK, now it was time to begin to give them the Reaver lookings. In order not to make them too flashy, I thought I could use a limited palette, only red and black (well, dark red mixed with dark brown on one part and black with dark blue on the other). I tried to stick to a kinda Orky style and I used simple patterns.
 
We ur elegantz!

Som' hourz later...

 
I'm still not satisfied with them, they lack details and personality, so I'm starting the new stage, painting each one of them with checkers, glyphs or whatever I'm able to achieve. Hopefully they'll look more like Orky stuff.

Moar stuff incomin' zoon!

8 comments:

  1. I was a bit worried painting metallics might kill the contrast but you kep a dark metal hat keeps a good balance so that's all for the better. a little details here and there could certainly add some fun though I find them really nice as they are, just some discrete decoration to leave as much of your work on textures visible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was worried about the general overview, but in the end I believe the palette is working. Let's see how I manage the details!

      Delete
  2. Te está quedando muy chula esa flota orka!
    Y tiene pinta de ser muy divertido pintarla...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Hay bastante trabajo a priori monótono, pero que al final es gratificante, está siendo un proyecto muy divertido :)

      Delete
  3. Nice job on these very small spaceships. I must admit I never really liked the aesthetics of Space Marine starships. But yours look good ... especially the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There is a thing about these ships that totally scared me since the beginning, maybe it was the general shape, the bulky lookings... don't really know, but I wasn't sure that I could make anything worthy out of these. The light colours approach may have helped to change my own view on the ships, but I won't cheer up too much until I have them finished and see the final result... (there still are so many things I can mess up...)

      Delete
  4. You have made some really good choices on these slightly odd sculpts. The colours make more sense to me that the scaleless approach often taken with ork spaceships. These might be my favourite ork fleet.

    The work is definitely paying off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! I find these designs kinda challenging, not easy painting sculpts. I hope I don't mess it all up on the final stages!

      Delete