29/01/2015

Battlefleet Gothic. Ork Fleet (Pt. 3)

Dis is da end, my frien'! :D Project finished! Woo!

As you saw, my aim was to pay some attention to Orky details and make the ships suitable for the Warhammer 40,000 fluff. After some hours, this is what I got. Let me show the final results.

The White Dragons fleet is the informal denomination for the XF-O4-9753 Ork Fleet operating in the Eastern Fringe. Their infamous records include the Scourging of Agalphar, the Desecration of Thurginden II or the Battle of the Girthanys Straits. According to the latest intelligence reports, the fleet is currently composed by the following vessels (all Imperial 'informal' denominations):
 
Ravenous. Terrorship class. Flagship of the fleet

Ardent Jaws. Terrorship class

Dragonback. Killkroozer class

Blackmaw. Killkroozer class

Brute, Bighorn, Ibex and Chamois. Brute Ram Ship class

Piercer, Fangs, Sharpwing and Paindriller. Brute Ram Ship class

Carnotaurus, Fierce Scales and Bloody Jaws. Ravager Attack Ship class


Greedy, Mordorian, Atlantis' Claws. Ravager Attack Ship class
 
Hunter's Damnation, White Snake and Scars. Ravager Attack Ship class
 
Darkjaws, Killakilla, Swiftdealer and Dragonet. Onslaught Attack Ship class
Red-3, Savage, Gunny Bastard and Slippery. Savage Gunship class

Barracuda, Sharklet, Painship and Lifetaker. Onslaught Attack Ship class

Stingy Squadrons

The whole fleet deployed for a raid
 
All Battlegroups are adviced to act cautiously and immediately report any contact with any of these vessels.

I still have to calculate the point value of this fleet, but it's truly worthy of a full scale battle! Seeing the final result, I may want to revisit my old Chaos fleet (painted in painfully red tones, as everyone back in the day) and do something more oriented towards this concept. Besides, I still have a lot of Imperial ships that still remain unpainted. Shame on me!

I might take a breath before I face another fleet, but for sure this is not the last about BFG you see over here!

12 comments:

  1. Really great. It turns out excellent !. Il ove the diversity with still a great cohesion in the group. That's a tricky thing to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was kinda a blind shot, I've found these pretty difficult to turn out making any sense, but well, the result ain't that dizzy as expected :D

      Delete
  2. Awsome fleet! BTG is one of our projects too, but our group can't start more than one project, and Epic 40K is occupying our time by now. But please, keep publishing this kind of entries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, very kind! Epic is something I also should get back on my workbench. I'd love to play it again. Someday... Someday...

      Delete
  3. Como siempre no dejan indiferente. Es difícil darle personalidad a tantas naves que resultan similares, pero tú lo has conseguido. Enhorabuena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, la verdad es que, como he dicho, era una apuesta arriesgada, no sabía si mi idea iba a funcionar. Yo me quedo razonablemente satisfecho, y debo decir que me lo he pasado de miedo pintando todo esto :)

      Delete
  4. I admire your patience in tackling this small set of miniatures. They certainly look very good in that group picture you took. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks! My pics are awful, but you get an idea of this crazyness, hehehe. Really enjoyed painting these!

      Delete
  5. The great tan color scheme got even better with the details, like a few red stripes and checker patterns. But you kept it understated. What a great collection, I hope you can find a worthy opponent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I hope so, I'll try a BFG revival as soon as I'm capable of deploying some more ships!

      Delete
  6. Great work, that is a fleet to be proud of.

    I dont recall ever seeing an ork fleet in that palette either, so its memorable too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mate, I was bored of seeing always the same for these ships, I thought this pattern was worth of a try, glad you like it!

      Delete