12/01/2015

Goblinaid Snorklings

The title will be familiar to most of the readers here. In case it does not ring any bell, The Goblinaid event was set up in order to collect funds for mighty artist Kev Adams after he was attacked. Won't get into morbid details, that was long time ago. Enough to say I participated getting myself a pack of lovely Snorklings.

Besides, thanks to this hobby I've been blessed with amazingly kind people from distant places who share this same passion and are so gentle to give away items with a smile. One of them, Cheetor from Sho3box, sent me another bunch of tiny Greenskins (thank you, pal!). Here you have all of them:
 
Love this set wholeheartedly

Hangover vs. party hard

The only ones I got repeated. Anyway, aren't they lovely?

I find these slightly disturbing. Never pictured these as... mammals?

Grog for da greenies!

This one was supposed to be hanging from somewhere, but had no proper place

Finally I added this GW Snotling that happened to appear in my bitbox out of nowhere
 
You may be missing one mini in this band... Yup, the Goblinaid kit came along with a Kev Adams self portrait 28mm scale. I'm saving him for another totally different bunch. You'll see in time (I still have to buy the rest of the minis!), but you can figure out he will be playing a role as a civilian in my sci-fi settings ;)

17 comments:

  1. Great job suber , those are really characterful and I love how you added white bellies to give a somehow amphibian look.
    I've painted a couple of those to go in my Space orks warband for RT and they are really fun to paint, models like these take no time and are really great to boost one's morale as you can finish them quickly.
    Can't wait to see your version of the Goblin master himself !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the Snorklings, full of character and nicely painted. Always good to see more Goblins :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. The models are so much fun, the shouting females are amusing like a 1970s sitcom :)

    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Qué delicia de miniaturas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff mate, love them so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! These were really enjoyable; it's right that they take no time and make a perfect choice to get some fresh air to your head.
    Glad you like them!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm expecting to see some greenskins of yours; I know you have some work pending... ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, my pile of shame. You know that more scientific endeavours prevent me from tackling it. :(

      Delete
    3. Booo, booo, petty excuses! Hundreds of Goblins are waiting for you! :D

      Delete
  8. Great hues on the green skin Suber. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking minis, details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you guys! They've been terribly fun to paint, I could do a whole tribe of these without getting sick of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. feast for my eyes, i especially love what you did with the tips of their noses - it brought the memories of my own good ol' Warmaster goblins.
    i've just discovered your blog (courtesy of neighboring Oldhammer 40k) and i'm really looking forward to browsing through the rest of your work.
    until next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are most welcome, of course :)

      Delete
  12. Me encantan, gran -diminuto- trabajo, mucha diversión y no poca dificultad veo pintando esas minis. Carlos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, son muy divertidas de pintar, no me aburro de ellas :)

      Delete