19/01/2015

Geralt of Rivia

I guess Geralt of Rivia needs little introduction by now. Just in case, let me tell you that if you haven't read the books, you are missing one of the most interesting pieces of fantasy of the last years. Sword & sorcery at its top. Really, pals, you should read them.
Apparently the character is now better known for videogames, but I haven't have the opportunity of playing them (not that a videogames guy, I'm afraid).

Anyway, my mate got 'The Witcher' board game as a Xmas present. You know what that means... Those minis had to pass through my workbench :D. Googling for colour references is how I learnt about the videogames, and I got to know that these models are but the videogames characters made into minis.

Not much else to say, just let me show the guys. First of all, the Witcher himself, Geralt of Rivia:

The bastard who killed Bambi's family!

His (sometimes) most loyal companion Dandelion the bard:

Hiding something? Do not know what you are talking about, sir

Sorceress Triss Merigold, 'the Fourteenth of the Hill' (oh, you really need to read the books):
 
When you google 'Triss Merigold', the hard part is to find pics of her with clothes on!

And Yarpen Zigrin, master dragonslayer:
 
Better Dwarf design than some of Peter Jackson's 'The Hobbit'

Just four minis, 32mm scale:

A company of heroes
Stop staring at her booty, you perv!

 It's a pity they are only four characters. I miss Ciri (of course!), Yennefer, Milva, Cahir... Maybe we get lucky and come for further expansions! I must confess I know nothing about the game, rules or anything else. Hopefully we can solve that soon...

8 comments:

  1. They look great. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm afraid these are among my worst pics ever :(

      Delete
  2. Nice job mr suber, what scale are these? Love the black work on the leather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm afraid they are not 28mm compatible, they are visibly bigger, I guess 32mm (whatever that it is now). When we play the game I'll take better pics and some size comparison shots.

      Delete
  3. Super cool! Awesome work Suber. I have the Witcher games but never really got around to playing them. And seeing that Sorceress Triss Merigold is in them, I now have more incentive to play the games. ;) Seriously though, great work on the miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad to be a bad influence on you :D
      Really looking forward to play the game...

      Delete