18/03/2013

Spanish ISAF Soldier (Pt. 4 Painting the uniform)

Okay, let's go on brushes with the soldier.

The first steps bear no mistery. White primer and then a first colour layer to give consistence later.

Custard camo pattern

After a chocolat brown wash, I gave a layer of Citadel Bleached Bone (whatever that colour is named now).

Getting paler...

And then the real base layer, a mix of Bleached Bone and a little Vallejo flat grey.
 
... and paler.
 
Now, for the camo itself. I didn't even try to mimic the pixels pattern. It looks really cool, yes, but I simply can't paint pixels and square angles this size. So I just painted small irregular spots with no apparent order, trying to make it similar to the real one.
 
First layer of spots, Vallejo Sand
 
I repeated the scheme again, this time with Vallejo chocolat brown:


Et voilà!

Shading and highlighting is difficult on a camo pattern model, but I tried it slightly. With this I consider finished the step one here. Next one will be the face, accessories and so.

Well, what do you think? Do you like where is this going to?

4 comments:

  1. I can only say you can end up with a real winner there if you take your time... :-)

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience, I still have to cultivate my patience...
    This is quite a enjoyable model anyway; I have little time now and I can only make slow progress looking for spare moments for painting.
    I'm glad you like it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it´s looking already very well!! Besides, the putty-work looks totally the part once painted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! The original model is just great, so it's no big deal from my part. I promise you will see it finished quite soon!

    ReplyDelete