25/03/2013

Spanish ISAF Soldier (Pt. 5 Final result)

Okay, the project is finally closed.  :)
I'm afraid I should have taken pictures of the step-by-step on the face, but I didn't realize until it was too late. I spent some hours on this and I regret to say that the only photo I have is this sh**:
 
The face looks much more better, but I don't know how to take f***ing good pics
 
Well, my disgrace, another thing for the to do list. Learn how to use a frakking camera. No, seriously.

Then I went to the blacks. Three different kinds of black here. But no one notices as the pic is crappy as usual:
 
Slowly taking shape
 
If you look close, you will see the ID badge on his chest. It depicts his range (Pvt., a vertical strip, almost unseen), the 'Infantry' designation (no way to appreciate that, it's a tiny seal) and his surname. I wrote down 'Lopez'. No specific reason, it's just a really common surname, short enough and I didn't dare to do anything more complicated.
Then I added some dirt. Desert means dirt, of course. But I didn't want to overdo it.
 
Slight dirt. Less is more
 
Some day I have to begin with pigments. I've seen real wonders with those, but I've never used them, I work only with paint. Some day, some day...


I needed some more green stuff to fix the arms right:

I should redo the weapon, but I have no patience for that

Right arm, NATO badge

You should read 'ISAF' there. I really need to change my brush, couldn't do it better.


So, the final look of the model is like this:






  Well, this is what I have achieved with this model. On the whole it has given me some more work than expected and it has been an intermitent work I could only do from time to time. But, defects apart, I like the result pretty much. This will not be the last thing you see on this subject, that I can tell you. But not on this scale. You'll see, you'll see...

6 comments:

  1. Great work Suber , and great paint
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Te ha quedado muy bien Suber, y realizar este trabajo habrá sido un reto, te lo propusiste y lo lograste, enhorabuena por ello.

    Un gran saludo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, la verdad es que era un empeño personal tener este tipo de figura. Es mejorable, pero me doy por satisfecho :)

      Delete
  4. COjonudo!!! Excelente resultado final, tio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias, me alegra que te guste! Ha sido un reto diferente a lo que hago habitualmente, se agradecen estos cambios de vez en cuando, he disfrutado con este proyecto :)

      Delete