26/02/2016

Pest Control

A friend of mine (in fact the same guy who gave me the Actimel stuff for the idol) was also so kind to give me away these two Eldar, as he had no use for them:

'You'll find something to do with them' he told me
At first it was quite a challenge. I really couldn't think of a slot within my current projects for two Eldar artillery crew members (Besides, let's assume that I'm avoiding the most obvious answer; no, I'm not starting an Eldar army!)

After a few thoughts on the matter, I reached the only possible solution: let's start on some conversions and see where does that lead. So, I left the Muse of conversions do her work and I just lent her my hands. I finally came to something like this:

Better the masks than the haircut! :D
I somehow saw what they were meant to be. Pest control personnel for the lower levels of the city. Weird aspect, the guy with the gun carrying that strange box like the Ghostbusters trap, the other one with the anachronic lamp over his shoulder... They would make a scary view in the dark tunnels and sewers of any underhive. So pest control they were. I just made a couple of addings and...

You should see the size of those cockroaches, ma'am
They most certainly have to face some ugly bugs down there!

Fuck, Bill, we don't get paid enough for this shit
Now that I see the pics I realize I have to give some final touches to the bases and maybe add some dirt on the longcoat. But on the whole I think I can consider them done.

Recycling! More recycling!

24 comments:

  1. Nice work, and I am sure that hives have some pretty scary "pests" that warrant hunters such as these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yup, for sure they'll accept any job when you need to get rid of uncomfortable... beings. :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, great vision mate, that is an inspired pair of conversions! I'll have to take a fresh look at my old Eldar now... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The chainmail gave me the idea of the low-profile warrior. What would they need that for? It all came just on cascade. But I bet you can make an interesting hive warband for Necromunda or the like out of a fistful of Eldar!

      Delete
  3. Look cool Suber!

    I've actually got these guys & the other two variants of them too. I'll be using them as normal Eldar, coz as you, I can't be arsed starting an Eldar army :)

    I think the head swap works really well, almost like they could have been produced with them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! You'll never see your Eldar in the same way, you know it...
      The heads are from the Dark Vengeance cultists, they are quite reusable for a number of things!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I really didn't know what was going to result out of these, but those are the funniest projects :)

      Delete
  5. Lol these are excellent great idea and well executed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Anything with a gasmask gets +5 scary charm points!

      Delete
  6. Great stuff, Suber. Superbly inventive (as always). And they do look moody and brooding. My favourite is the harpoon guy: the head, the harpoon, the box all look chillingly business-like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The harpoon was a must as soon as I decided their purpose. It's a pilum from a Roman box I had lost within my bits!

      Delete
  7. That is wonderful Suber. Really top notch. They remind me of Robert De Niro's character in Brazil.

    Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hadn't thought of that!! :D
      Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Conrad's right -- they are very reminiscent of De Niro in Brazil.
    I really can't tell you how much I enjoy your creative and thoughtful conversions. You really raise the bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I myself find the experience really fun. The creative part of this process is the most enjoyable of all. Definitely more of this kind of stuff is to be awaited over here...

      Delete
  9. nice one! they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I somehow managed to make a couple of WH40K minis look even more sinister, glups!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you! These silly nonsenses are the funniest to do! :D

      Delete
  11. What a characterful conversion. Just a couple of regular joes going about their business. I am jealous of your creativity with these guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what is fun about them, there's a story behind which you can get in a glimpse. I really need to do more of this!

      Delete
  12. Suber, you are a conversion master supreme. You know what mixes with what almost effortlessly. As for me, I'm the pseudo conversionist as paintjob conversions are not really conversions at all ... LOL ... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, you got me there :D
      Ehhmm... well, technically you are... converting... the appearance of the mini!! :D :D

      Delete