05/02/2016

You may want a doctor see that...

New Orkling creatures from the Space Riders KS :)

I've dared to paint Nurgle dedicated Orks. Though you can find that Orks, in the uneven case they turn apart from Gork and Mork and may be prone to worship a Chaos Power, it would be more likely Khorne, the God of war and bloodshed, but there are cases of Orks who turn their cult to other Powers, such as Nurgle, for example.

If you remember the Waaargh The Orks! book of old, there was a tale about that. Among the widely known Ork myths we can find The Hunt:

Gork and Mork go looking for a gigantic Squiggly beast and find it at the bottom of a huge cesspit. Also at the bottom of the cesspit is Nurgle, who has eaten all the Snotlings. Gork and ork clobber Nurgle so hard that he spews up all the Snotlings who are still alive. Nurgle shrinks and becomes a Squiggly beast. The Snotlings then turn the squig into a feast for Gork and Mork. This myth clearly represents the Ork triumph over Nurgle. The Orks have no fear of the realmss of Nurgle, and happily thrive on Squiggly beasts that breed in their cesspits.

So with that precedent, let's just talk about the minis!

Talk 'bout me!
The tentacle who wants to take over the world
The sculpts are great, as the rest of the kit. They instil pure charm. There really is a RT quality to them.

It's not easy bein' green
Yup, I'm supposed to look dirty
I've consciously avoided flash green for the flesh, and I kinda like the result. I'm used to painting that vibrant green for Orks and I think I'm keen to a change, I'm trying different tones and colours on the next ones.

High fiv... ehhm. High tentacles!
 I'm finding these Chaorks pretty fun. It's a shame I'm doing such a slow progress these days, I'm totally hooked up, hehe! Let's hope the weekend brings some spare time!

14 comments:

  1. Great work! I love the dirty green flesh tone for these orks. It's very orky. I also really like the pink lips you've given them -- it really draws the eye straight to their faces. However, the second fellow urgently needs to see a dermatologist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! I think I'm exploring new skin tones on the following ones. Not sure if the local Painboy will have a remedy however. Ork Social Security can be a little bit picky sometimes...

      Delete
  2. Nice work Sir - that red jacket goes well with the green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought that a lobster pattern would suit this one, make him look bossy :D

      Delete
  3. Really good stuff mate! I like this more toned down green for their skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are really fun to paint, and I think they fit in with GW's models, so I hope they will be interesting in the end!

      Delete
  4. An effective use of muted color Scheme! I'm still kicking myself for missing this campaign....yours look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The minis are quite inspiring, each one tells a story, which is what you can expect from a project like this. If you ever get the chance of getting them, you won't regret :)

      Delete

  5. more chaorks! xDDD
    nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks disgusting ... and that sir, is exactly how he should look like. Muted colours are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The gritty looking suits these minis. They are not only Orks (which tend to be dirty on their own!), they are extra hidous Orks! :D

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! These sculpts really lead you though all the process, they are really easy to interpret :)

      Delete