18/02/2016

The Orkful Eight

Here they come the last three Orks of this batch, who besides allow me to finish the whole Space Riders KS minis:)

I went back for a full Chaotic approach. The old Freeboterz book proved useful for inspiration:

Oh, come on, Diego! Sculpt that Ogryn!!
But I gave them yet another twist. I'm trying to avoid the classic flashy green for their skin, but... what if I tried not even green, but totally different colours?

Well, this is what happens...

An Ork? A goat? A beastork? Who knows!
I particularly enjoyed this model the most, I think. It has something... indefinable about its quality. I think it has charm, character. I love it!

But... what to say about the next one...

Waaagh! I'm the Inside Out Ork!
I was suggested to paint an Ork red. I kinda found it funny (and a challenge!). I'm not sure if I succeeded. This bright red was quite an extreme choice, I believe. Chromatically too extreme, maybe. Anyway, as an experiment it's been nice. I may try darker tones for future references ;)

For the last one I chosee greenish grey:

Which cannot be apreciated due to the light. Sigh.
As this was the last one, I let myself go with the trousers and the banner. I wasn't sure of what motif could work here, I hope it fits the general spirit of the unit.

So finally! The family pic!

United Orks of  Benetton
I still haven't worked on a proper name for the band not a proper story behind them. All I have come with is that they are some rogue Freebooterz torn apart from the Ork society who offer their services to anyone willing to pay enough teef. For sure they have travelled and seen some wonders through the galaxy, as well as some pretty ugly stuff too!

Phew! It's nice to close a stage, hehe. The Space Riders KS has been extremely rewarding, I've enjoyed the strange creatures in it and specially the Ork warband.

Now for more projects!! New stuff incoming!

20 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of this ork warband ! The red is absolutely great, no remorse to have about it for sure ! I'm also a huge fan of eh chaotic ork symbol, simple and effective !
    The great range of textures and colours doesn't mean there's no coherence here so it's just perfect from where I stand ! Really motivates me to paint mine now !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm really curious about what you're going to do with yours... Go get some paint on them!!

      Delete
  2. I don't know - that red ork is truly excellent. I think the colour works very well. Yellow might have been a bit extreme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may try different tones. Hmmm... Yellow, here we have an interesting idea......

      Delete
  3. Brilliant group, and I love the experiments with different skin colours - that big fella is the pick of the bunch for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Experimenting is fun! I should pick a few more Orks and see what happens with different colours...

      Delete
  4. Excellent Orks. I like the skin tones on the banner bearer especially (don't forget to touch up his base though - some green showing on the rim!). The red chap works for me - I might have gone for a muddier red but he looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooops, I hadn't noticed about the green until you said (really old bases, hehe). I found red an interesting colour for skin tone, will need to explore that more...

      Delete
  5. If you have a problem, and no be else has enough dakka... And if you can find them... Maybe you can hire the Waaay-hay! Team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the skin colour on your beastork. For me, that's the best colour of them all (although the variety is great).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like that brown too, I will use more colours like this in the future, for sure.

      Delete
  7. Wow - top work on some brilliant miniatures Suber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The minis are sweet, the sculpt really leads you all the way :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks! They make a charming group, I believe. Now I must make them see some adventure over the galaxy...

      Delete
  9. Really great work Suber! I love these guys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They instil roguetraderism all over, as soon as I saw them I knew I needed to paint these guys!

      Delete
  10. That first skin tone looked spot on. As if this is how an ork should look like. Maybe I will start painting more greenish brown orcs in the future. AND as for that last photo ... awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm totally in for that tones, I'll for sure explore that way. Hmmm, more Orks on the horizon then...

      Delete