01/02/2016

Stiff hunchmen

The title is graphic enough to describe what you're going to see today. Not the long-suffering, loyal Stormtroopers (they will have their day too, don't worry), but the way more elitist Imperial Guard and some Imperial Officers.

Little to say about the Imperial Guard, I'm afraid. The minis don't allow any conversion at all, so I just did a quick paintjob and that's all:

Vive l'Empereur! Ooops, not that Imperial Guard
I promise, in hand you can see the highlights better. Sigh.

Not Warhammer 40,000 Imperial Guard either
The Officers were a little bit more rewarding, as at least they allowed me some conversions.

Yes, most definitely the droids went over there
Nothing too complicated, of course, just simple repositioning of heads and arms, that's all, but at least they now look different. Now that they are finished I come to regret my work on them. I should have painted one or two in black uniform, to depict NCO.s, and/or Stormtroopers Officers. I won't be repainting them anytime soon, but the idea is there...

Free interpretation on The Three Graces theme. Or Imperial command organization, not sure
Not a big progress I'm afraid, but these minis just allowed me to paint something quick during the week, which has proven quite busy!! I'm doing my best to keep my painting mojo up!

20 comments:

  1. They all look great. I think the poses of the imperial guard shows there martial prowess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I imagine it must be hard being on duty eight, ten hours a day, bearing a helmet like that, being able to see only through a slit and being hardly capable to even move your head! Seriously, worst bodyguard uniform ever!

      Delete
  2. Really like these made! Lovely work on the robes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately the pics burned the reds, in hand they look better, I promise... :(

      Delete
  3. I like that last shot! And I think you've down a fine job on the guard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thanks! That pic is kinda bucolic, they need some flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the last shot, "He did it Lord Vader" in chorus....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! Not too complicated, but rewarding! :)

      Delete
  7. Stunning paint job on the Royal guards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I would need to highlight them in a more extreme way, so it can be properly seen on the pics...

      Delete
  8. Once again, I really love these subtle but dramatic conversions. The way they're pointing in different directions captures something of the flavour of Imperial Officers too, since they never seemed too competent to me in The Empire Strikes Back.
    Nice mustache too... I also painted a stache on one of my officers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your work on Imperial Assault is most certainly an inspiration for me, glad you like these! They of course are giving contradictory orders at the same time to the same troops... Empire's finest! :D

      Delete
  9. mmm it's a shame the Imperial Guard are all the same ><
    Good paint job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, a shame :( I didn't dare to do anything with their arms or whatever. Anyway, they look ceremonial as they were on the movie!

      Delete
  10. Very cool! :)

    W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not particularly spectacular, but hey, they work for me!

      Delete
  11. Impressive, most impressive. Great work on the Officers. Love the Imperial Guards too although I think brighter reds could work as well. And that last photo ... LOL ... it's like they are saying to Vader, it was his fault, no it's his ... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may give another layer of orange-ish highlights...
      The Officers may be pointing towards the direction over the droids they are looking for escaped...

      Delete