12/02/2016

Da 'Utcast

Back again with the Space Riders Orks!

The new addition to this particular group of outcast among the Orks is not less than the Genztealer Hybrid.

Join da Cult, bro!
Though Orks don't tend to be a suitable race for Genestealers to infect, there have been cases where it appears to have hapened, particularly among less developed Ork societies. So well, you can bet that a wandering group of outcast freeboterz who have even turned themselves to worship strange Gods whom, to be honest, they even don't fully understand... well, they've lived a little and seen quite strange things. Most probably Genestealers aren't even the worst they've met!

The other one I've finished was a slight challenge.

Da tough boy
I really didn't have a clue of how to paint this one in the beginning. As I was on the Chaos theme, I wondered what Ruinous Power could their loyalties be with. Honestly, not a clue. The sculpt is quite neutral on that aspect. I mean, the mini is top notch, but it didn't scream 'Khorne!' nor 'Nurgle!' to me, like the others did. I even considered Slaanesh for this one (leaving the others I still have to paint for Tzeentch). Big, thick guy, leather pants, leather straps... I thought it could work at first.
But when I got to the brushes, I simply collapsed. I didn't see it. My approach was meant to be really pale skin and lots of tattoos all over, covering every square inch of exposed skin. But no. I didn't take the risk. I then turned my mind onto a generic Ork, no more. His allegiances could be with Chaos or with whoever he felt like. I chose a dull grey/green skin tone and let myself go. This was the result. The guy is quite intimidating, a towering lump with a huge gun. I think he fits in the group.

This is what I have so far:

Da strange fellaship
Five Orks done, three to go! This group indeed has some character. I bet I need a proper name for them and a suitable history behind...

14 comments:

  1. Nice work. I love the bionic jaw on the "generic" orc.
    I also really like the little details that you've put on the guns of all these minis... they really stand out. They make me want to roll a bunch of dice and shout PEW PEW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! You got it, that's the main goal when painting minis!! :D

      Delete
  2. I think they work great as a group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They look quite out of the ordinary, and that's what I'm looking for; I think they have potential for a nice distinctive band.

      Delete
  3. Love the really rich colour on the ork hybrid's skin. the little eyes also give him the perfect malevolent look !
    God, you've almost painted them all when I have yet to paint a single one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Once you begin, you won't stop, you'll see! The sculpt is inspired, really leads you through all the way. Go get some paint on yours!

      Delete
  4. As ever mate these are really lovely!! You always turn out great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The minis are great, whatever you may do on them will look at least nice. I'm really eager to finish the batch!

      Delete
  5. Awesome work, what a cool looking group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They make quite a curious fellowship!

      Delete
  6. Great group Suber AND they are diverse enough that you can almost create any backstory you want for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's the fun part of Orks, anything will work fine on them :D

      Delete
  7. Hey guys nice to see my childs here :) The "generic" ork it's not designed as an ork , lol , he's just an alien bounty hunter ,with a similar body as some orks but is bigger and slightly different. Anyway just to show you a different approach to him (everyone is painting him green ...) here's the "official" paint on him.
    Lovely work anyway my friend Suber ;)

    [IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/adgshl.jpg[/IMG]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Diego! Thanks! I do love the sculpt, seriously. I'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid I'm missing your Space Riders 3 (Still have to paint the whole SR2!), but I'm eager to see your online shop going live :) All the best, man!!

      Delete